Rarer than hens teeth - a red t shirt

(18 Posts)
LaTrucha Sat 05-Apr-14 13:24:10

Ok, so I may actually want something rather specific but it is not outlandish or strange in any way and I have been lookig for it for three, yes, three years.

I want a scarlet red cotton t'shirt that is fairly fitted, with short or three-quarter length sleeves, long enough for a long-bodied person, with a scoop, slash or boat neck.

Is that so very much to ask for, high street shops? And have any of you MNers seen one, pretty please?

kidsarekillingmesoftly Sat 05-Apr-14 13:26:14

I bought one in Primark, in 2005 helpful
surprisingly it lasted several years.

AnnoyingOrange Sat 05-Apr-14 13:28:21
BloominNora Sat 05-Apr-14 13:34:08
Iseeall Sat 05-Apr-14 13:35:32

You need Lands end.
Plenty of red tee shirts and a 'tall' range as well.

bonzo77 Sat 05-Apr-14 13:36:54

I'm sure I've seen what you want at Dorothy Perkins. They're not brilliant quality, but for the price what do you expect? About £5 I think.

thedrunkenduck Sat 05-Apr-14 13:51:02

American apparel seems to have every colour under the sun.

thedrunkenduck Sat 05-Apr-14 13:54:46
bonzo77 Sat 05-Apr-14 14:01:51

What's the quality like at American apparel?

RedRoom Sat 05-Apr-14 14:04:31

Kettlewell Colours have tops in an entire rainbow of colours and the quality is good.

LaTrucha Sat 05-Apr-14 14:33:26

Brilliant. All places I don't usually try. I knew MN would know. Kettlewell and Amarican Apparel look very promising, although I'm not sure of the length at kettlewell. Looks a bit short. Kettlewell are flipping expensive, aren't they?

The Tesco one also looks pretty good, but will it be baggy after a couple of wears?

Lands End don't have a red one in the tall range. Any idea what their normal length ones are like. In general I find tops too short at the moment, although I'm not that tall.

thedrunkenduck Sat 05-Apr-14 14:51:51

AA is brill. I only ever get leggings from there but they past ages with frequent wears.

Iseeall Sat 05-Apr-14 16:07:25

I order from the plus size range at lands end(1xl to fit uk size 20).
The t's I get cover my belly and bottom, I'm 5'5.
What I can say is that they wash and tumble dry with no shrinkage or fading and that the cotton is very high quality, so not see through in any way.
Also the returns policy is second to none. A life time guarantee, if it fades shrinks or bobbles send it back.
I know mail order can sometimes be a faff, especially when you would like think you could buy a simple basic red tee on the high street, but I would give lands end a try.

LaTrucha Sat 05-Apr-14 20:05:12

Thanks. It's good to know about their returns as I live in a rural area and order a lot online.

Levantine Sat 05-Apr-14 20:27:28

&otherstories has exactly what you are looking for in its sale section. Can't link on iPad but it is called cotton blend top and is £13. I got mine yesterday

pinkflaming0 Sat 05-Apr-14 20:49:46

The AA one looks rather transparent!

LaTrucha Sun 06-Apr-14 07:41:54

I thought the AA one looked a bit thin too. I'll have a look at &otherstories. Thanks.

yegodsandlittlefishes Sun 06-Apr-14 11:39:07

Saltrock in Devon do some extra long tshirts. I have a red one, but it has 'love your ocean' on it. I love the quality of their clothes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now