Calling all dermalogica therapists

(10 Posts)
Witchesbrewandbiscuits Sat 05-Apr-14 11:28:17

Hi, please help!

I have been using these products for years - for sensitive skin so ultra calming cleanser etc. however I'm not sure they are really working anymore. Therapist advised to keep using them but although I still have sensitive skin, it is also oily and prone to breakouts.

So.. Off the record.. What products would you recommend for sensitive, oily, breakout prone skin?

Witchesbrewandbiscuits Sat 05-Apr-14 12:12:16

smile

WholeNutt Sun 06-Apr-14 01:46:37

Do you want to stay with Dermalogica? Sometimes after a long period of use products seem to stop working, you could swap for else something within the Dermalogica range or use a similar product different company to wake your skin up again.

FrugalFashionista Sun 06-Apr-14 10:54:58

Not a beauty therapist but try LRP Effaclar, it's pretty cheap and lots of people here have found it helpful. Does your beauty therapist get kickbacks from Dermalogica? Another therapist made my friend use products that wrecked her skin (she's been on Roaccutane twice) because she had some kind of franchising deal going on. Just have a healthy dose of skepticism, if it does not work, it does not work wink

A dermatologist explained to me that it is common that products (moisturizers etc) stop working after a while. He even had a fancy term for it - tachyphylaxis? grin

Witchesbrewandbiscuits Sun 06-Apr-14 11:24:41

Oh really?wonder if my skin has got used to it. Although the moisturiser I've got is for dry or ageing skin and mine is oily and spotty! I do like dermalogica yes but might be sea change.

Witchesbrewandbiscuits Sun 06-Apr-14 11:27:15

Just looked at the effaclar frugal and looks perfect for me. Thanks so much for the recommendation. Worth a try!

Witchesbrewandbiscuits Sun 06-Apr-14 11:32:14

Not sure about the kickbacks thing but you're prob right. Seems unreal that the moisturiser I am using is for totally opposite skin type. I do like the daily microfoliant though. Have just ordered the foaming wash and the cream and will try alongside the microfoliant.

FrugalFashionista Sun 06-Apr-14 13:03:34

Witches it's not a miracle line, just great inexpensive no-frills products! Fingers crossed it might work for you...This thread has a few Effaclar fans.

There is a lot of hype in cosmetics and forums like this are great because you'll get actual user reviews...

Witchesbrewandbiscuits Sun 06-Apr-14 20:12:27

Ah thanks for that. I can never seem to find similar threads before I post. That's great smile

Witchesbrewandbiscuits Fri 11-Apr-14 21:26:17

2 days into the effaclar and loving it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now