botox - any good?

(9 Posts)
balenciaga Sat 05-Apr-14 11:24:46

thinking of having it

am 34, just about to have dc3 (obvs will be some time AFTER the birth lol)

I have good skin and not really wrinkly as such, a little bit round my eyes when i smile i guess, but just want a generally fresher, more awake look

and I am happy to pay for a good doctor, I don't want to go to any old back street place, so also any recommendations would be fab

tia x

Tapage Sat 05-Apr-14 12:40:18

Botox is as good as your practitioner and Andrew Markey at the Lister is the absolute king IMHO.

Tapage Sat 05-Apr-14 12:42:13

' only as good as your practitioner is' pfff!

balenciaga Sat 05-Apr-14 13:28:55

Oh thank you

Off to google

homeaway Sat 05-Apr-14 17:11:27

Just make sure that you are well informed all of the possible side effects. They are very rare but if you have them like my friend did they can be devasting.

balenciaga Sat 05-Apr-14 19:20:34

Oh god sorry about your friend sad

What were the side effects? Is she ok now?

balenciaga Sat 12-Apr-14 17:09:02

Just bumping again to see if any more advice x

Ladyfoxglove Sat 12-Apr-14 18:16:07

It all depends who does it. I've been to several in the Midlands and would only recommend Dr Thevendra at Apsaras clinic in Coventry. He's a genious and regularly turns women away if he thinks they don't need fillers or Botox.

The trick is to have a little, regularly, rather than have a full dose as a one off. It avoids the frozen look. Google 'baby Botox.'

I don't have it now but when I did (roughly four to eight years ago) it knocked years off my appearance. The problem is a) the cost and b) finding the time for the regular 2 hour round trips to get it done by someone who knows and cares about what they're doing.

I had some around my eyes once administered by a local dentist running a laser skin clinic. People kept asking me what was wrong with my face and when I spoke, I could see the confused look on their face as they thought 'what the hell happened to HER?' grin

balenciaga Sat 12-Apr-14 18:48:38

Thanks lady

I'm in the midlands so that's great

Baby Botox sounds like what I need I'm pretty sure I don't need much (might not be so sure after a few weeks of sleepless nights - baby Balenciaga is now here lol)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now