Debenhams??

(15 Posts)
JohnCusacksWife Fri 04-Apr-14 23:26:01

Have been given a voucher for Debenhams but haven't been in there for years and years. Any good stuff I should look out for?

ImAThrillseekerHoney Fri 04-Apr-14 23:29:09

Their boys' school trousers are quite good, they sometimes have offers on Lego, Playmobil, and Le Creuset. And I once bought a useful pair of Asics aerobics trainers in their sale.

Actual clothes however .,.....

Financeprincess Fri 04-Apr-14 23:31:09

Yeah, don't bother with clothes. Synthetic, either frumpy or tarty, and badly made.

Their homeware is still good though. If all else fails, there's always the beauty hall.

Swimwear/beachwear or shoes? Usually good range of skin care and perfumes too. Think the clothes have gone downhill TBH. Used to like Red Herring but gone a bit downhill. Still like Henry Holland. Am an apple and HH stuff fits well.

CointreauVersial Fri 04-Apr-14 23:45:00

Homeware is OK.

Menswear not bad, also lingerie/nightwear. Some nice handbags.

Clothes are hit and miss, shoes and kidswear rubbish.

IMHO grin

TheArticFunky Fri 04-Apr-14 23:51:27

I don't get the hate for Debenhams. If the clothes are all synthetic rubbish then the same must be said for the rest of the High Street because Debenhams is just a collection of various high street outlets.

Financeprincess Fri 04-Apr-14 23:54:13

No, most of Debo's clothes are their own labels (including 'designers at'). They have some concessions, you're right, but it's mostly their own stuff.

TheArticFunky Sat 05-Apr-14 00:18:58

That's not the case in our local store. For womens clothes they have about two outlets and and approximately 8 other outlets. I've never looked at the Debenhams own brands because it looks quite old fashioned. The childrens range is good (in the sale ).

thenightsky Sat 05-Apr-14 00:27:22

Their bikinis are good.

JohnCusacksWife Sat 05-Apr-14 00:28:21

Really don't want to spend my voucher on homewards or kids clothes....is it the done thing to hang about the checkout and offer someone my voucher for cash??

squoosh Sat 05-Apr-14 01:24:49

Spend it on makeup

ImAThrillseekerHoney Sat 05-Apr-14 09:10:02

Perfume

itsbetterthanabox Sat 05-Apr-14 11:00:50

I would buy underwear. They have some gorgeous bras there. Or I'd buy makeup, I love urban decay and benefit.

Underwear selection is great.

Sometimes some nice clothes in Jasper Conran section but its hit and miss.

Nocomet Sat 05-Apr-14 11:09:32

Clothes are a mish mash, very good for dresses for going to weddings (cheaper than coast and better shapes for size 16)

Casual stuff tends to be a bit frumpy. It's my default hunting ground for just throw on weekend and holiday summer dresses because they are mid length and not cut for teens, but high fashion it isn't.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now