I want nice black skinny or straight leg leans made of actual denim

(11 Posts)
gastrognome Fri 04-Apr-14 21:02:27

Fed up of looking for decent black skinny jeans and finding nothing made of denim.

All the pure black ones I have seen lately have been made of stretchy "trouser" fabric. Very thin, not hard wearing, and shouldn't be called jeans!

Has anybody seen any proper black skinny (or straight leg) jeans recently? Not coated or shiny or weirdly stretchy.

Below £50 if possible.

Thanks!

gastrognome Fri 04-Apr-14 21:03:45

It has now occurred to me that perhaps real denim has to be blue? But anyway I hope you know the sort of fabric I mean.

SuzanneSays Fri 04-Apr-14 21:19:32

Topshop?

MsAspreyDiamonds Fri 04-Apr-14 22:40:11

I think the answer is in the price tbh. The more you are prepared to pay, the more likely you are to get real denim.

Sleepyfergus Fri 04-Apr-14 22:45:37

The best skinny jeans I have are from Superdry. Don't know if they do black denim but their blue 'proper' denim is fantastic. Keeps it's shape for ages. I know exactly what you mean about thinner, stretchier 'jeans' - they fit nice the first couple of hours, and then become crap and baggy.

Superdry retails about £40-£50. However beware, they sometimes do the thinner material type ones you want to avoid. Best to go into shop and try on.

Hetaera Fri 04-Apr-14 23:19:09

Urban Outfitters! I shop online so that I don't have to go in there and feel old and have been really pleased with the quality. I usually go for the cigarette leg.

SorrelForbes Fri 04-Apr-14 23:25:02

Gap high rise skinnies

stuckindamiddle Fri 04-Apr-14 23:26:48

George at Asda - their super skinny jeans are great.

I got a pair of lovely proper black, proper denim skinny jeans from a charity shop recently. They're Marks and Spencer's Limited Collection.

Effic Fri 04-Apr-14 23:27:10

Gap - buy the men's skinny jeans. Proper denim not Lycra stretchy soon out of shape stuff!

Canihaveaslice Fri 04-Apr-14 23:35:06

Next skinny black jeans are quite nice.

I have the shape ones and they fit nice and haven't faded

gastrognome Sat 05-Apr-14 06:23:17

Thanks all. I'll investigate your suggestions.
I thought it might be a price issue too but have noticed the thin black Lycra/stretch skinnies are everywhere lately, even among the higher end brands.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now