Facials that make a difference?

(11 Posts)
timefortea79 Fri 04-Apr-14 20:41:56

Is there such a facial that really makes a difference to the appearance of skin and reduces fine lines etc.? I feel like it's time to start looking after my face a bit more but I'm looking for something more than just 'that feels nice' for the duration of the facial and a few hours afterwards....

PisforPeter Fri 04-Apr-14 20:45:07

Don't mean to be blunt but the best value for money thing you can do for fine lines is to have some Botox, works wonders smile

timefortea79 Fri 04-Apr-14 20:52:54

I've already asked my husband for this for my 40th! That's still a few years away so in the meantime....

PisforPeter Fri 04-Apr-14 20:57:19

Why wait till your 40??
I started it in my early 30's wink

timefortea79 Fri 04-Apr-14 20:58:11

Bit scared I think. How did you find the place to get it done?

PisforPeter Fri 04-Apr-14 21:05:20

Word of mouth. He is also a registered doctor. Do some local research. It really is worth it. You can spend 100's on creams/serums/treatments and they are not as effective.

bettybigballs Sat 05-Apr-14 10:31:40

Facials that include peels can improve the look / texture (but it's also quite easy to do at home to be honest) or CACI can give you a bit of lift if you commit to several sessions.

Fillers and botox are the way to go if you want quick results. Where are you in the country, i'll bet they'll be some recommendations

Ujjayi Sat 05-Apr-14 11:09:46

Clarins Multi-Active facials are wonderful. Really leave your skin glowing and radiant.

Dermalogica facials are pretty good.

ResponsibleAdult Sat 05-Apr-14 11:13:49

Currently I am too scared of frozen face and shiny plastic face for Botox yet, the time is soon approaching . Microdermabrasion is excellent, looks like you have had lots of sleep and plenty of water. You can get cheaper local deals on Groupon to try it first time to see if you can get along with it, some people can't.

Oblomov Sat 05-Apr-14 11:23:47

I wound do all if these. Botox. Microdermabrasion. But I just don't know how to find someone good, close to me. No one I know spends this kind of money.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now