Help me accessorize this dress for a wedding

(10 Posts)
SuzanneSays Fri 04-Apr-14 20:36:43

I'm 34 and will be 6 months pregnant and the wedding will be in a trendy London bar/restaurant. I don't want to look too mumsy- the couple are late 20's, and a lot of their friends are mid 20's. I'm already feeling a bit frumpy! This is the dress:

www.jigsaw-online.com/products/rose-petal-print-t-shirt-dress-8586

whereisshe Fri 04-Apr-14 21:21:48

Shoe boots and a statement necklace if you want edgy? Or a Peter Pan detachable collar and some ballet flats if you want to be more girly?

SuzanneSays Fri 04-Apr-14 21:27:07

Thanks Whereishe- I was thinking black accessories to avoid looking too girly- am blonde and my pregnancy body is very voluptuous. Not sure about that particular necklace if I'm honest though. Will shoe boots make my legs look shorter?

tethersend Fri 04-Apr-14 21:33:18

Do you want heels or flats?

What's your budget?

Are you set on the dress?

SuzanneSays Fri 04-Apr-14 21:41:40

Hi Tethersend, the dress is very flattering on, and there's enough room for my belly to grow in the next 3 weeks! Do you hate it?! I am happy in heels and flexible within reason on budget....

tethersend Fri 04-Apr-14 21:56:10

No, don't hate it... I'm not keen, but it could well be a dodgy pic and am prepared to accept that it looks great IRL grin

How about some red suede heels?

whereisshe Fri 04-Apr-14 21:58:55

Shoe boots are elongating I think if the heel is high enough and they're the right height (stopping just below the bones at the sides of your ankle)... I wear them with a shift dress that length (and I'm cankle prone) and they look good. I wore them up to about 30 weeks pregnant too.

I know what you mean about the necklace - it's a bit marmite! Some kind of exaggerated statement necklace would work though I think, without bling.

whereisshe Fri 04-Apr-14 22:03:17

Like this?

tethersend Fri 04-Apr-14 22:05:04
SuzanneSays Sat 05-Apr-14 19:13:22

I like the idea of red shoes- to bring out the colours in the dress and stop it being too wishy washy. Thanks for the help...any more ideas?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now