Make up lessons in London

(8 Posts)
clucky80 Fri 04-Apr-14 18:16:18

I would really love to get my mum a make up lesson - she has helped me so much recently as I have been unwell and it would give her a real boost. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a company/individual in London? It would be really nice if my sister and I could have the lesson too so someone who offers small group lessons would be great although if it is just 1:1 that is fine. Budget of about £150 each. So many companies and make up artists come up when you do a google search and it's hard to know where to start! Would rather not have to go to a busy make up counter eg. Bobbi Brown etc. Thanks in advance smile

clucky80 Sat 05-Apr-14 05:48:26

Anyone? <desperate>

stclair Sat 05-Apr-14 21:47:59

I had a lesson with Jo Reid at Blush in east London recently. She was good and lovely.

a second for Jo at Blush. its not a complete extension of the reality to say she totally transformed the outside of me!

Havingkittens Sun 06-Apr-14 07:48:10

Hi Clucky. I'm a Make up Artist and do one to one lessons. I will PM you as I don't think it's allowed to promote yourself on the forum.

clucky80 Thu 10-Apr-14 07:55:00

Thanks everyone smile I had actually left a voicemail for Blush and my sister had also emailed last week but neither of us got a response so I wasn't sure if they were still around. Looking forward to meeting Havingkittens, I will get back to you with the dates Having, just need to catch up with my mum smile

SchnitzelVonKrumm Fri 11-Apr-14 19:14:24

Ooh tell me more about what happens in the lesson - do they show you how to create a specific look or advise on what look/products would suit you?

A mix schnitzel depends what you ask for. I went to Blush, took my whole make up bag - a lot of which got chucked out after as she showed me how little really suited me!

I wanted to know how to do it properly really as I had only ever made a hash of it based on an idea rather than know how.

The big take homes for me where
- the importance of and how to use brushes
- spend the money on foundation and she told me how to find my colour in different ranges and then gave me a list
- that only works if you have hydrated skin so water and a good moisturiser - she used simple stuff (the brand simple).
- pick colours carefully but you don't have to spend a lot to get a good look, if its the right colour/tone and well applied
- bronzer stops me looking dead in winter

I now have two capsule packs - one in my handbag and one at home. I like to think I look a heck of a lot better than I did before. People kept asking me what was different - you look younger, is it your hair?

Worth it - I did it with a friend too. Such fun!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now