Aldi Lacura aqua complete - nothing for oilier skin`?

(12 Posts)
alltoomuchrightnow Fri 04-Apr-14 16:18:12

Recently purchased a pot for normal skin
It's a shame they don't go beyond normal as there's nothing for combination, or sensitive, or oily (all women are not the same!)
However I'm pleasantly surprised that it works well on my combination skin (that is more veering to oily - and very oily in summer)
I am sensitive and it does sting slightly when first applies, but this goes, without leaving extra redness (which I also get)
I've quit moisturiser for months as they all make me look shinier
However, this is great.. no oily feel or shiny look (to add to my normal shine) and even sorts out the dry random bits I get, so I might stock up
Am I right in thinking that some health food shops stock or used to stock Lacura? I'm sure I remember buying a cream in tube form years ago that was for young, oily skin (i'm not young btw!)
And should I try any of the others as they seem to be for dry/ ageing? e.g. the serum i keep hearing about? or would this be too pore clogging. I have quite large pores as it is and need to tone down the shine, not add to it

alltoomuchrightnow Fri 04-Apr-14 16:20:00

I'm 43 and have v fine lines but not proper wrinkles… even round the eyes i'm quite oily.. but i do wonder if i need a preventative.. i do protect skin in sun always but maybe i need more as i might not always be oily

whatshallwedo Fri 04-Apr-14 17:12:18

In their offer aisles they had a day and night cream called Clear Effect which is for adult, blemish prone skin. I have bought one of each at £3.99 as I have skin similar to you and I'm hoping they will be as good as their other creams.

whatshallwedo Fri 04-Apr-14 17:14:05

Just checked receipt and they were actually £2.99 so even better smile

alltoomuchrightnow Fri 04-Apr-14 17:15:10

ooh will check out thanks. didn't see that last time but maybe was out of stock

alltoomuchrightnow Fri 04-Apr-14 17:15:54

i'm not at all blemish but just too ultra shiny and a bit red/ glowing, not in a good way

alltoomuchrightnow Fri 04-Apr-14 17:18:23

the aqua complete does not tone down the shine but doesn't add to it, which is so rare to find (there are such other decent moisturisers out there, that i've come across; some can be mattifying but actually drying). Tried all the lush ones but all add shine even the ones that say they are ok for oil. the lacura is good for putting makeup on over as it doesn't just slide off (still need powder though to finish)

AnnaBegins Fri 04-Apr-14 18:53:48

The clear effect is nearly out of stock, there is mostly night cream left.

And Lacura is an Aldi brand so only sold in Aldi, not allowed to be sold anywhere else (though crops up on ebay occasionally...)

alltoomuchrightnow Fri 04-Apr-14 20:49:16

ahh maybe i'm thinking of a similar name, lavura or lavera or something

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 05-Apr-14 13:22:48

I use the restorative cream which is amazing,I have combination skin but my dry bits are very dry. Also sensitive.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 05-Apr-14 13:23:28

Q 10 it's probably better for slightly oilier skin.

alltoomuchrightnow Sat 05-Apr-14 13:31:20

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now