How can I get rid of dandruff?

(8 Posts)
AmeliaToppingLovesShopping Fri 04-Apr-14 14:28:40

When I shake my hair lots of white flakes fall out which I presume is dandruff. I have tried head and shoulders in the past but it seemed to make it worse.

Are there any other solutions?

Thank you.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 04-Apr-14 14:45:49

Loreal men's active selenium anti dandruff shampoo. Black bottle, orange lid. It used to be a uni sex one and they re branded it but it's exactly the same and works amazingly.

Lasvegas Fri 04-Apr-14 14:54:42

T tell v good far better than head and shoulders.

MadameLeBean Fri 04-Apr-14 15:25:23

T gel did not work for me at all btw but worth trying. I had it really bad since antibiotics over Xmas. May be related, some people say try probiotics?

I found H&S alleviated the itching slightly but didn't get rid. Think mine was stress induced though as has reduced dramatically the last month as I'm feeling more relaxed.

Roseformeplease Fri 04-Apr-14 15:27:41

Nizoral Shampoo (I get it from Amazon but they sell it in Boots) actually cures the problem rather than just clearing that day's flakes. Also, Oilatum Intense does a similar job. I alternate these with the Body Shop Ginger Shampoo, or another "ordinary" shampoo and the problem is gone.

AmeliaToppingLovesShopping Fri 04-Apr-14 15:55:23

It doesn't itch just loads of little white flakes.

Thank you I will look into the suggestions.

Ginger body shop shampoo is brilliant!
I have seborrheic dermatitis (yuck I know) which got to the point that it was making my hair fall out! A cocktail of shampoos sorted it out but the ginger one was one of the best.

Otherwise, Alphosyl, Nizoral, Selsum....well, I can't remember any more but there's lots out there to try. Try French pharmacy products too. I haven't used them in so long because they work so well, that's why I can't remember them but I assure you I was an expert grin

One good tip I came across was to keep your scalp on its toes a bit- keep changing shampoo so it doesn't get used to whatever the active element is.

T gel doesn't work for me.

FantasticMax Fri 04-Apr-14 21:18:39

I tried all dandruff products on the market but T gel finally worked, though it took a few weeks. It's horrible when you can't get rid of it, but persevere with a product for a few weeks before trying something else.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now