Help! I need a whole new wardrobe...

(4 Posts)
SnoozyGiraffe Fri 04-Apr-14 08:56:00

Due to weightloss and surgery I need to start from scratch, and I haven't a clue!
I've spent the last 15 years training myself to like what suits me and disguises my tummy - I don't know what I like anymore! confused I'm too old to make the fashion mistakes of my teens all over again.
Is it worth getting my colours done?
Is it worth getting my favourite coats/suits altered to fit?
(Tummy still a bit wobbly btw, it's not like I can suddenly wear crop tops!)
Any advice?

Rumplestiltskinismyname Fri 04-Apr-14 08:57:58

Have you got a budget? If so- consider one of the shops personal shopping services. Years ago I had to buy a new work wardrobe post ds1 and I went to topshop. It was great! I would now need go somewhere like John Lewis or debenhams- but would do it in a heartbeat as you stand there and they bring stuff to you!!!

ILikeToClean Fri 04-Apr-14 13:25:05

Agree that personal shopper the way to go but before that think about your lifestyle as well. Work? SAHM? You need the right clothes for what you do on a daily basis.

I have had my colours done and totally recommend it as a starting point if you really have no idea what suits you, but it can be more frustrating trying to find clothes that suit your shape as well as in your right colours!

Have a look at Pinterest, I don't really use it myself but I know everyone on here recommends it as a place to go and see what things you like, you will then probably find a pattern emerging which will become your style!

Lots of much more stylish people will be along to help you I am sure!

SnoozyGiraffe Fri 04-Apr-14 20:18:50

Thanks for the ideas - Debenhams personal shopper could be good!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now