Looky-likey skinny jeans / slim-fitting trousers for work, anyone?

(18 Posts)
peacefuleasyfeeling Thu 03-Apr-14 19:11:25

I am returning to work after maternity leave in June and am starting to put together a work wardrobe for my newish shape; think once curvy athletic gone classic (slightly flabby) pear-shape (wide hips but not a particularly big bottom, 30 waist for jeans, size 12 trousers) following DDs. Instead of accentuating and emphasising, my efforts are now more focussed on distracting and disguising. I am a primary school teacher so can get away with being smart casual, but it has to be practical and comfortable.

I would really like some hints and suggestions for trousers which look like skinny jeans but aren't jeans, as denim of any colour is forbidden in my workplace. Not ultra skinny, but slender and flattering, any length considered. Something to dress up with a shirt and blazer, kind of thing. Who does something like this? I would be so grateful for suggestions as I just can't face traipsing around the shops willy nilly with the kids in tow.

Thank you!

colette Thu 03-Apr-14 19:41:39

bump I would like to know toosmile

Cos - they are brilliant. I have one pair and plan to buy more.

LizLemonsGlasses Thu 03-Apr-14 19:58:17

I have a couple of pairs of Wallis jeggings which I believe fit this description - they're not so skinny that they look like leggings, they have more like a very slim, straight leg and fabric is more like trousers than denim. However I've just looked online to find you a link and I can't see any that aren't denimhmm I'm on the hunt for more trousers like this as I love my skinny jeans and want to find the next best thing I can get away with for workwear! I think M&S do similar trousers - start with their five pocket jeggings - good value, comfy and a wide choice of colours.

ceeveebee Thu 03-Apr-14 20:02:37

Boden Roma are extra thick leggings and probably are what you are after
Or cigarette style pants eg baukjen but they might not be as comfortable as I guess you have a reasonable physical job

JackieBrambles Thu 03-Apr-14 20:03:27

I want to know this too, anyone got a link to the Cos ones?

Have just posted some on another thread. hang on.

JackieBrambles Thu 03-Apr-14 20:12:34

Fab, thank you! thanks

missmagnum Thu 03-Apr-14 20:17:08

I have just bought a black and a brown pair from h&m for £15 each. Bargain and perfect fit. Hold their shape well. Loads of different colours.

Mrswellyboot Thu 03-Apr-14 20:18:15

I saw some slim fit trousers in H&M that would be perfect
I am doing the vey same here, took out my old teaching clothes and started replacing

I bought a beautiful blue and white bird short on Monsoon and black and white polka dot top in wallis

voscar Thu 03-Apr-14 22:46:16

Next do some awesome ciggerete style trousers - I have them in a 10 and 12 for skinny/fat days. You could go a size smaller to get a tight fit. They do fit lovely and quite a thick material so wash well ( not like polyester shite that most trousers seem to be made of these days!)

46direct Thu 03-Apr-14 23:04:55

Got a link voscar?

BelindaAllWorkedOut Fri 04-Apr-14 01:34:54

Gap Ultra Skinny trousers. Or the Gap Slim Cropped trousers. The former for an apple, the latter for a pear.

LordPalmerston Fri 04-Apr-14 06:57:25

I'm here to link arms with blinners. I feel grrrreat in my gap trews. Sizing nuts.
I had the straight black ones too but they shrunk length wise

LordPalmerston Fri 04-Apr-14 06:57:44

Plus the next capris but are a bit poly

voscar Fri 04-Apr-14 13:40:32
peacefuleasyfeeling Fri 04-Apr-14 22:00:22

Awesome! Thank you so much everyone, this is just amazing. There's bound to be something in all this. Really generous of you all to share your gems with me smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now