Back to work...don't know what to wear

(5 Posts)
JessieEssex Wed 26-Mar-14 14:44:30

I already work one day a week at my DH's company where you can wear what you want (usually jeans and a smart jumper at the moment). I am about to start working for a much more formal company for another one day a week and have no idea what to wear. I've always worked at quite casual places where smart jeans sufficed. Now I need to up my workwear game...
I'm 5'5 and about 10.5 stone, 10/12 on top and 12/14 on bottom with a small waist, big bum and thighs. Two children have changed my shape a lot and I no longer know how to look smart!
HELP ME...

SandwichBag Wed 26-Mar-14 14:53:54

I work in London and although we have a 'Business Dress' policy so men have to wear suits, most women wear dresses and jackets or non-suit skirt/trousers and jackets.... statement jackets are in (i.e. bright colours or tweed). Next is a great place to start for reasonably priced work wear. Wallis also hve suitable dresses and always seem to have sales on smile

EeyoreIsh Wed 26-Mar-14 14:57:07

A well fitting dress and a jacket is a good start. The two don't need to be part of a set, as long as they go and are well cut. I used to get dresses from Marks and Spencers, and jackets from a range of places.

JessieEssex Wed 26-Mar-14 14:57:37

Do you think I could wear a stretchy pencil skirt and plain jumper? Does that sound smart enough? God, I'm clueless...
Think I'll be the only woman in the office so in a way I guess I can forge my own path a little

Def have a look at the Next website at their 'tailored' section, they have some nice jackets and trousers atm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now