Has there already been a Claire Underwood appreciation thread?

(44 Posts)
Russianfudge Wed 26-Mar-14 14:23:30

Apologies if so but I feel that we should acknowledge the style icon that is Claire Underwood.

I would probably sell my children for her wardrobe.

Lottapianos Wed 26-Mar-14 17:57:53

Her clothes are amazing. Not my personal taste I have to say but so elegant without being girly or fussy. All of it just screams Prada and horrendous expense but also extremely good taste, if that makes sense!

Darkchocsprinkles Wed 26-Mar-14 18:21:43

I almost cut all my hair off when I saw Season One.

Then I realised I don't have her bone structure grin

But - OMG - the perfection of her minimalist style...

Russianfudge Wed 26-Mar-14 19:00:31

It is absolute perfection isn't it. Not a single line out of place.

Oh to have the money...!

Darkchocsprinkles Wed 26-Mar-14 19:11:27

I'm not sure you need to spend a huge amount. I mean, her shirts are Banana Republic, allegedly.

One just needs the figure to carry off a plain, lean silhouette.

Rules me out grin

tackytiger Wed 26-Mar-14 19:47:23

Style. Crush.

Russianfudge Wed 26-Mar-14 22:11:26

Yes, maybe not the money. But the figure and bone structure grin

UterusUterusGhali Wed 26-Mar-14 22:15:58

Who?

She looks incredible. And I love that, in the show, they often use the same things, esp handbags. She is an investment dresser. And her figure! [looks for running shoes. shrugs. stays on couch]

Lottapianos Thu 27-Mar-14 07:40:39

Uterus - Google is your friend!

Russianfudge Thu 27-Mar-14 07:44:01

On the subject of running shoes - she even looks stylish in her running gear!

I agree re investment dresser, her shoes often make a reappearance too. And the coats... Oh the coats!!

Lottapianos Thu 27-Mar-14 09:29:41

Very true - no big sweaty red face for her!

Even what she wears in bed is fab - slinky black nightgown or cool crisp looking black pyjamas. Fab.

Stokey Thu 27-Mar-14 10:06:41

God I want those pyjamas
(hides checked flannel ones blush)

Darkchocsprinkles Thu 27-Mar-14 10:18:20

What she saves on shirts she clearly spends on pyjamas

MillionPramMiles Thu 27-Mar-14 11:14:42

The only thing I'm not keen on is the eyeliner but that's a teeny gripe.

Her wardrobe was half full of black dresses and the rest were neutrals(as shown in season 2 when she's looking for a tv interview outfit). My kind of wardrobe.

Good to see an older woman (albeit very thin) in a meaty role on tv. Hundred times better than the uber irritating Zoe Barnes.

PrimalLass Thu 27-Mar-14 13:02:45
MaeMobley Thu 27-Mar-14 13:07:00

She looks amazing.

Not an S&B question but want to clarify: do they never have sex with each other? (apols for lowering the tone).

Lottapianos Thu 27-Mar-14 13:12:10

That's a wicked link PrimalLass, thanks smile

Mae, I'm not sure, we never see anything sexual between them apart from the odd kiss. Their marriage is really interesting - they are mostly extremely supportive of each other, even to the point of encouraging each other to have affairs if they feel the other person needs it. It's like they have worked out they are an excellent team and they both stand to benefit by protecting each other.

Russianfudge Thu 27-Mar-14 13:13:46

MillionPramMiles I was so pleased when she went over the edge!!

MaeMobley The only sign of sex between them is when they get it on with Mitcham.

Ubik1 Thu 27-Mar-14 13:14:38

She does have an amazing backside.

I loved the house too

But their relationship...ewwwww...i won't spoil it but .....ewwwww....

Lottapianos Thu 27-Mar-14 13:20:10

My DP spent the whole series drooling over Zoe Barnes hmm and not bothered about Claire at all. I was so extremely disappointed in him! Zoe was such a wet blanket and the stuff between her and Frank was stomach turning.

I did a bit of drooling over Zoe's employer at Slugline - she had the most amazing hair ever, even more amazing than Claire's

CambridgeBlue Thu 27-Mar-14 13:25:57

Never seen this but I like her style. In my head that's how I look - I've got the cropped hair and the taste for plain lines and not much colour but in reality I don't think I quite pull it off, perhaps because I don't feel comfortable in such smart clothes - I can't imagine that character in the knackered jeans, Converse and sweatshirt that are my usual day to day wear!

Russianfudge Thu 27-Mar-14 13:44:14

Lottapianos It is really interesting isn't it. In many ways it's like the perfect relationship really. I started to get hung up on the infidelity then realised they have 1000 times more than most of the monogamous relationships I see! Not for me though.

My DH had the good sense to nod and smile as I berated Frank for being interested in that wet Zoe Barnes when he had such an incredible wife. But I suspect he was not as much in agreement as he made out!

UriGeller Thu 27-Mar-14 13:49:16

I have a major crush on Claire, or maybe just her style. I didn't like the handjob in the hospital, I didn't think she'd be the type to stoop to that. But the mac and heels she wore to go see Zoe was fantastic

We're on season 1 right now so no spoilers please!

Russianfudge Thu 27-Mar-14 13:51:14

Oh goodness Urigeller - You are in for a treat. That scene when she went to Zoe's flat looking absolutely the epitome of class was sooo good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now