hair dye disaster!

(9 Posts)
deakymom Wed 26-Mar-14 12:55:47

so i dyed my hair today it was supposed to go lighter instead its gone ginger! and i hate it and it looks awful! anyone have a clue what to do with it? i dont want to strip it because i tried that product a few years ago and when i tested it my hair snapped off! and yes it is a bloody permanent dye so i can't just wash it sad

anyone?

Clarabumps Wed 26-Mar-14 13:01:20

What colour is your regular hair? Did you use bleach to strip it previously or was it a Colour B4 thingy? What condition is it in just now?
There is nothing worse. Sending you a big hug.brew

AlpacaYourThings Wed 26-Mar-14 13:02:24

Put a really dark dye on it?

AlpacaYourThings Wed 26-Mar-14 13:02:50

Or if you have the ££ go to the hairdressers.

deakymom Wed 26-Mar-14 13:11:49

my natural hair colour is brown but i fancied going a little lighter so i asked for advice and was recommended the dark blonde as it would just go a shade or two lighter i really didn't think it would change this much!

AnnabelleDarling Wed 26-Mar-14 14:22:20

Nice and easy 118, medium/dark brown should work. You will be brown but it should eliminate the ginger

envy I would love the ginger

That doesn't help does it ?

Try Head and Shoulders shampoo - red fades quicker than any other colour, you might be able to strip out some if the red without killing your hair.
wash over and over then condition. (And you might have H&S or someone can lend you some)

Millyblods Wed 26-Mar-14 15:25:21

There is special purple shampoo that can help counteract the ginger. But you just havnt chosen a light enough colour. You need a blond lightening shade. Hair will usually go ginger if you don't have lightening shades. The other thing you can do is add blond highlights .

starfishmummy Wed 26-Mar-14 15:33:20

I think we need a picture so we can have a laugh give you the correct information

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now