Is this a nice simple dress or am I loosing it?

(23 Posts)
Nomakeupselfish Tue 25-Mar-14 23:27:47

this dress

I am thinking I may be loosing all perspective...
I'm late 30's, size 14/16, 32GG boobs.

Heeeeelp!

BOFtastic Tue 25-Mar-14 23:29:56

It's nice, but I wouldn't say simple. The ruching makes it a bit fussy.

Kleptronic Tue 25-Mar-14 23:30:01

Yep that's nice. You're not losing it.

tethersend Tue 25-Mar-14 23:36:46

I don't like it. Too many seams.

Nomakeupselfish Tue 25-Mar-14 23:43:09

Hmmm, I see I can't spell losing so I may be slightly off...

Good point about the seams... I do like the colour though. I don't really do dresses but need one for a party and everything just seems awful to me. Too short, too unflattering to boobs, too fitted.

Now, tell me if harem trousers are wrong? They look comfy but are they even in any more? Worn with maybe a vest and a blazer type jacket?

Kleptronic Wed 26-Mar-14 00:04:55

Good grief no, get the dress woman! grin

Nomakeupselfish Wed 26-Mar-14 00:09:50

Ha! See, I have no idea.

Will order dress and see what it's like on. I'm so bad at shopping for dressy stuff.

mycatlikestwiglets Wed 26-Mar-14 08:11:06

I like it, looks likely to be v flattering if the colour suits you. Step away from the harem trousers OP

ThatBloodyWoman Wed 26-Mar-14 08:14:25

It's not my cup of tea, but I can definitely see that it would be others, and I think it'd look very effortlessly flattering but a bit smart for me

SinglePringle Wed 26-Mar-14 08:23:59

Hmmm... I think it looks to be very poor quality. You can see the hemming for example and the fabric looks cheap. I always worry that if the model / advertising can't make it look good, then...

Nomakeupselfish Wed 26-Mar-14 09:53:07

I'll only know once I try it on. Thing is I don't think it's my cup of tea either but I don't know what is my cup of tea! I really have worn jeans for all my life and I struggle to drag myself away from casual....

I like the look of the skater type dresses that are out just now but the ones I've tried on just look awful on me!

billandcoo Wed 26-Mar-14 09:55:33

It's ok if you're ok with the bosom attention, I'm your bust size and I'd feel too self-conscious with all that pleating up-top.

tethersend Wed 26-Mar-14 11:05:52

this is better

or this

flipchart Wed 26-Mar-14 11:08:31

It's not a simple dress. It's got ruching on the bust, its got all that darting going on at the waist and it a bleugh colour.

Nomakeupselfish Wed 26-Mar-14 22:01:42

Tethersend - they are both nice, don't think I'd be able to wear the second on though as it's off shoulder and a bra is a must. The first one is nice and classy looking but I don't know... Wrap dresses just seem so 'older last' to me. But maybe I just need to accept I'm heading that way.... shock

Nomakeupselfish Wed 26-Mar-14 22:02:33

Flipchart - any suggestions? I like the colour!

tethersend Wed 26-Mar-14 22:04:51

Do you want sleeves?

What's your budget?

tethersend Wed 26-Mar-14 22:06:29

this is lovely but £££

tethersend Wed 26-Mar-14 22:09:48

Mary Portas

itsbetterthanabox Wed 26-Mar-14 22:17:08

It's nice and quite plain yes. Just one colour and cotton. I like it but I wouldn't pay that price for it.

flipchart Wed 26-Mar-14 22:29:51

www.very.co.uk/south-cap-sleeve-prom-dress/1339679703.prd

Would this be any good.
It looks flattering, not expensive and a colour that would suit most complexions.

Blueuggboots Wed 26-Mar-14 22:43:30

I think the original dress you posted looks cheap and badly made in the photo and has a really high waist that would horrific on me BUT is worth trying in case it looks better in real life.
Some of the dresses others have suggested are MUCH nicer.

Nomakeupselfish Wed 26-Mar-14 22:51:56

Actually now I'm looking at the others I can see how cheap my original choice looks in comparison... I really like some of these suggestions, thanks all. Not got a huge budget probably would at most spend £60 ish...

The high necklines make my boobs look like a shelf though. Ideally want sleeves. Just had a closer look at Pepperberry, some nice ones on there. Anyone have experience of them?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now