Anyone used the babyliss curl perfect?

(17 Posts)
kaymondo Tue 25-Mar-14 23:15:53

Just wondering whether it's as amazing as it looks and worth the £120 price tag! I use my ghd's to curl at the moment but I'm not great at it and have pretty much given up trying to do the back.

Also, is the perfect curl pro worth the extra £40? As far as I can see the only extras is a third heat setting, longer cord and the ability to set left or right curls so think the cheaper one would be fine for me.

I have hair just past my shoulders, fairly fine so not great at holding a curl usually bit reviews on amazon and other places look positive. Just a lot of money to spend...although I recall having the same dilemma over whether to buy ghd's 10 years ago and have never looked back!

burnishedsilver Tue 25-Mar-14 23:34:51

I got one for Christmas. I was hoping I'd love it as much as my bbh. I was disappointed. I get a better result with heated rollers.

kaymondo Wed 26-Mar-14 09:02:31

That's interesting - I've never really tried heated rollers, perhaps that would be a better and cheaper alternative!

bberry Wed 26-Mar-14 10:24:53

Plus quicker... You can do your makeup/tan/brush your teeth/sort laundry etc whilst they cool!

janmoomoo Wed 26-Mar-14 10:35:09

I have used it three times and every time I have managed to get my hair caught up in the mechanism. I am scared to use it again!

SorrelForbes Wed 26-Mar-14 10:58:03

I have the Pro Curl and tbh it's the only curling gadget that I've been able to get to grips with! The curls are great and it's really easy to use. I have shoulder length, very thick hair and I can do a whole head in ten minutes.

chipsandpeas Wed 26-Mar-14 11:17:48

I have the secret curl and love it, it takes 40 mins to do my full head which is done to my boobs on the tightest setting
Only time I have caught my hair in it is when I'm trying to curl too much at once

BoysMum1 Wed 26-Mar-14 16:35:53

I have the Pro curl and I love it.

bewleysisters Wed 26-Mar-14 19:58:09

I have the Secret Curl. Highly recommended - super easy to get good and long lasting results. Felt like a big investment, but well worth it. Quick and simple to use.

PartyConfused Wed 26-Mar-14 20:03:03

I have very thick bra strap length hair and it is the only way I have ever managed to curl my hair and for it to last.
It takes me about 15mins to do tops. I love tgat I can just curl the bottom half of my hair. Heated rollers on my hair always fall out after an hour. With the pro curl it is still curly the next day! Even when I had my hair curled professionally for my wedding it only lasted a few hours.

Having said all that-i don't use it as much as I thought I would grin

Crutchlow35 Wed 26-Mar-14 20:31:38

It is cheaper on QVC and you have 30 days to try it or return it if you don't like it.

TwinkleSparkleBling Wed 26-Mar-14 21:52:27

I have similar hair to you OP, fine and just past the shoulders. The curl perfect is AMAZING. Really easy and quick to use and curl lasts for ages.

For straightened hair I have recently bought a steam pod, again fab.

I used to be 100% GHDs but these two have changed my mind. They are quicker and less damaging for my hair.

RiojaHaze Wed 26-Mar-14 21:58:01

Yes, totally worth it!

Don't be fooled into buying cheap ones though as my nail lady just did, found them to be fakes from Malaysia and is stuck with them as they won't refund her £100. She's too scared to use them in case they catch on fire. Apparently you can tell by the colour of them and hers are blue.

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Fri 28-Mar-14 08:27:34

fab just great, so darned easy

ILikeToClean Sun 30-Mar-14 18:18:39

I got one today for Mother's Day (yes v spoilt but it was for my birthday too!) and I love it! Tried so many times to curl my hair with GHDs and couldn't master it - did it today with the Perfect Curl in around 15 mins! I think I'll get better with practice but for a first attempt it was so quick and easy. DDs are pleased I got it and persuaded DH so I can curl their hair too! I'd get one OP it's fab. I went to lunch feeling so glam! grin

moralimbecile Sun 30-Mar-14 19:41:44

Do you need to use styling products with it? Heat protecting stuff?

ILikeToClean Sun 30-Mar-14 20:36:58

It doesn't say, just says to use on clean dry hair, but I used a tiny bit of leave-in conditioning spray before I blow dried my hair. Hair didn't feel hot or burning whilst using.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now