Flaking, splitting fingernails - look a state. Products?

(34 Posts)
minxthemanx Tue 25-Mar-14 19:23:54

My nails have started flaking off, a small chunk of the top layer sort of chips off, and then the nail edge is weak and it eventually breaks, or I nibble it in irritation. Have no idea why they're flaking. Anyone know of a product to put on that will strengthen them? They look awful at the moment!

teenybash7 Thu 27-Mar-14 07:30:14

Interesting Rosetta! Rimmel Nail Nurse Rescue - same regime as Nailtiques, (except 7 days instead of 5) but half the price!

Should I risk trying it for a few weeks at the end of my current bottle of Nailtiques? Big decision!

thepurplepenguin Thu 27-Mar-14 09:15:43

I had bitten my nails right down to the skin and every time they started to grow they were peeling off. I have been using Vaseline once or twice a day after seeing it recommended on here and the results have been fab!!

thepurplepenguin Thu 27-Mar-14 09:16:37

Oh, and that's after using it for about 10 days.

derektheladyhamster Thu 27-Mar-14 09:20:44

I have been taking seven seas health oils in an attempt to help my skin, skin hasn't improved much, but I'm having to file my nails! I haven't had to do that regularly for years.

hiphapnap Mon 05-May-14 12:33:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hiphapnap Mon 05-May-14 13:01:01

I agree with Whatfun

Here is what I use to keep my nails in good condition, but it is so hard with 3 kids and the endless washing!

relaxedchic.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/my-healthy-nail-dream-team.html#.U2d8xl6rJD_

IndigoBarbie Mon 05-May-14 14:56:55

you could really help your nails by taking a good multi-vitamin - for example solgar they do great vitamins for women, that actually make a difference to your nails and hair and skin

ladymalfoy Mon 05-May-14 15:03:28

IBX treatment at a salon. Bloody awesome! I had two and my nails look rock!

I reckon I am destined to have meh nails mainly due to work (vinyl gloves and washing hands 40+ times a day ) in addition to everything I do at home.

If I'm on holiday I can intensively use OPI Nail Envy - but I only like the Original, not the Matte, it peels. But I cannot wear anything at work on my nails .
I bought a Leighton Denny 3-in-1 buffer and found my bottles of Avolplex Oil (OPI),

Early days but my nails look nicer, shiney, smooth. But they cannot be allowed to grow unless I'm at home.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now