Which "naked/natural& quot; eye make-up/brand is good for dark eyelids?

(7 Posts)
Ujjayi Tue 25-Mar-14 12:53:28

I am struggling to find a base shade of eye shadow for my dark eyelids. They are quite brown/mushroom <<attractive>> partly genetic and partly not looking after myself (currently working on this). I suppose my skin tone generally is a little sallow although my cheeks are pink with a hint of blue tone.

My usual daytime look is a light wash of natural colour lids with a slick of Urban Decay black liquid liner. Occasionally I will wear smudgy dark liners (plum or navy tones).

I used to use Mac's Shroom. This is still fine for evening but too sparkly for daytime. I have tried more matte colours but they make my eyes look flat and lifeless.

Any recommendations? Would a primer help? If so, which one?

EyelinerQueen Tue 25-Mar-14 12:59:01

You need this.

It is the most incredible base for eye shadow and ensures the colour goes on exactly as it is in the pan no matter what your eyelid colour.

Have a Google for Nyx Jumbo eye pencil in Milk. And look on Youtube for tutorials. It is seriously awesome.

EyelinerQueen Tue 25-Mar-14 13:00:12

Oh and MAC Satin Taupe is one of my favourite daytime colours.

Ujjayi Tue 25-Mar-14 13:29:01

Thank you. Had a quick look at a tutorial and duly ordered smile One question: the woman on the tutorial said you need to match the shade of jumbo pencil with the shade of shadow you intend to use. Is that your experience too? Or will this act as a primer for all colours?

BTW, just had a quick glance through my make up and found a neglected, as new Satin Taupe in there - thanks for the reminder smile

EyelinerQueen Tue 25-Mar-14 13:37:44

No the white will work with any colour and will give the best result!

Just make sure you apply it with your finger and blend it out well and then blend the shadow well too - I can't believe the difference it makes to the shadow.

I have Satin Taupe on my outer third today with Naked Lunch on the rest. And huge wings. T'is lovely smile

Ujjayi Wed 26-Mar-14 11:00:33

Oh dear. Product arrived this morning. I have wasted two hours playing with different eye shadows blush. It is fabulous! Thank you so much. I cannot believe the difference it makes to colour. It also smoothes my eyelids so has a lovely anti-ageing effect too smile

Thanks again!

EyelinerQueen Wed 26-Mar-14 12:04:14

Oh hurrah grin .

Happy to help! Enjoy playing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now