What's all this in the Boden 'sale'

(13 Posts)
Elliptic5 Mon 24-Mar-14 08:56:35

up to 40% off - lots of it appears to be ancient stock hmm.

schilke Mon 24-Mar-14 09:17:16

It's rubbish. Not one thing I want to buy with enough discount.

princessdave Mon 24-Mar-14 09:22:00

Elliptic5 - they carried a lot of a/w13 items over to s/s14 so that is probably the stuff that looks like ancient stock as they've reduced it a smidge more than the current s/s items. Crowing about 40% off everything and then much of it is 10% off is laughable though. The 40% off stuff is few and far between.... At least they are offering free delivery though!

polyhymnia Mon 24-Mar-14 09:29:40

I had a card about this on Saturday but have managed to recycle it accidentally! Would someone be kind enough to tell me the code just in case there's anything I want, unlikely as that seems from comments.

weebarra Mon 24-Mar-14 09:35:36

My code was H6H8. Not much inspiring me though.

frankietwospots Mon 24-Mar-14 10:00:11

Thanks for the code! Got PJ bottoms, a cami, a stripy sweatshirt and a couple of bits for my DS.

PenguinsEatSpinach Mon 24-Mar-14 10:01:59

Yeah, I had my eye on a few bits for the kids, but very little is at 40%, or even 30%. Most of the nice stuff is 10%, which is lower than you can generally get from a code the rest of the time. I hate the way Boden trumpet sales that are then worse than the 'normal' prices.

Marylou2 Mon 24-Mar-14 10:20:54

Glad it's not just me! The things I do want are only 10% off and all the 15% codes have expired
I think I'll wait until their "sale" has finished to place an order.

Elliptic5 Mon 24-Mar-14 14:07:46

I've still got £10 account credit from the 70% sale fiasco but there's certainly nothing I want this time.

GeorginaWorsley Mon 24-Mar-14 15:20:19

Agree,nothing worth having at 40%.
I bought 3 dresses last week with a code off here for 20%,one of them has only a 10 % discount now.

cowsarescary Mon 24-Mar-14 17:27:18

Their marketing is terrible, isn't it? Overblown campaigns that disappoint every time. I just bin everything now without looking. Mumsnet will tell me when there's a worthwhile deal ....

AboveTheOxbow Mon 24-Mar-14 17:43:01

I don't get why Boden muck around with it's prices every five minutes. The full price stuff is clearly massively overpriced for the quality and so everyone expects a discount. Trouble is, I tend to think 'that's nice, but it's only 15% off, I'll wait 'til it's 20% off' by the time it's further reduced I've found something just as nice in Hobbs, Sainsburys, Gap or wherever. Not a good sales strategy in my view.

If they just priced their (nice, but pretty ordinary) clothes with a couple of sales a year, people would buy what they wanted, when they want it.

cherryhealey Mon 24-Mar-14 20:08:06

Bretons and more Bretons for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now