Please help find boys tweed waistcoats

(20 Posts)

Alternatively, you could get the 3 youngest the same and give the older boy a jacket in a toning shade/pattern as he would be almost at the point of being a working boy by that age (if it was more 20s/30s than WW2 era)

TheBakeryQueen Mon 24-Mar-14 10:01:40

Thank you so much smile

No problem - I quite enjoy doing stuff like that and I was a bit bored last night! Hope you get it all sorted and that the wedding goes well.

TheBakeryQueen Mon 24-Mar-14 09:51:01

Very true, I loved that mamas & papas outfit too. I will put it to her! Thanks again, you've been so helpful.

If she is going for a old type look (ww2 era maybe?) then a proper old fashioned romper suit would look lovely - might be something in Christening wear type places?

I think it is just the camera - the detailing looks the same. If the only one you couldn't get was the baby one then I think that is probably the best case scenario as it wouldn't look odd if the little one either didn't have one or was wearing something else whereas it would with the others.

TheBakeryQueen Mon 24-Mar-14 09:08:10

Soontobeslendergirl, thank you for searching for all those, brilliant!

Wonder if they are all the same shade of grey? Its hard to tell.

The sizes we need are 9, 6, 4 years and 12-18 months.

The 9, 6 and 4 would be sorted if they are the same. They all say grey but one looks lighter but maybe just camera?

Here is the next one on ebay in age 9

I know you are looking for 18 months but no idea what other sizes you want.

I already posted age 6. I'll post any others i see smile

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Boys-Next-Waistcoat-Age-9-/291108254890?pt=UK_Boys_Formal_Suits&hash=item43c76774aa

Minorchristmascrisis Sun 23-Mar-14 21:44:13

Might be easier to have them made

TheBakeryQueen Sun 23-Mar-14 21:43:48

Am going to bed now but will be back tomorrow.

Thanks so much

TheBakeryQueen Sun 23-Mar-14 21:42:04

Yes soontobeslendergirl, that ebay one is what she is looking for. The other links she has seen but not quite what she is looking for.

The styles in the shops seem to have really changed.

I love that mamas & papas one but they don't stock aged 9 unfortunately & she wants them to match.

I am keeping an eye on ebay but would be easier to buy new.

Thanks for everyone's help so far.

Grey Herringbone but not tweed in debenhams - out of stock in age 1 and 2 but maybe available in store?:

www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_239020230263_-1

I'm guessing that this one is what you are looking for, but no longer in Next so would have to keep an eye on ebay hoping they come up in the correct sizes sad

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Next-Boys-Herringbone-Tweed-Waistcoat-Age-6-Years-Immaculate-Condition-/231186420902?pt=UK_Kids_Coats_Jackets&hash=item35d3c8d4a6

cogitosum Sun 23-Mar-14 21:24:53

Not quite Tweed, but they are grey and in all sizes:

www.next.co.uk/g392574s2#654886g39

TheBakeryQueen Sun 23-Mar-14 21:12:42

My sister's wedding is in July, and I am in charge of finding grey tweed herringbone waistcoats for the page boys. Their ages range from 18 months to 9 years and they need to all be the same.

Have trawled the net but no luck so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now