Foundation just sits on my skin....

(13 Posts)
SweetiePie0 Sun 23-Mar-14 20:28:43

I apply Lancome Genefique serum and day cream every morning and evening and use max factor whipped creme foundation as my foundation. I have noticed that it is sitting on my face - I just cannot get it to blend into my skin, and then by lunchtime its sliding off my face....

What can i do?

2kidsintow Sun 23-Mar-14 20:33:43

I'm not much into wearing makeup beyond a bit of BB cream in lieu of foundation, but my first thought is that your face is so moisturised by the day cream that the foundation can't be absorbed.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 23-Mar-14 22:02:16

Maybe the serum provides too much of a barrier? Try only using it at night and use the real techniques foundation stippling brush to apply the foundation.

ladypete Sun 23-Mar-14 22:41:15

Buff it in with a buffing brush when you apply it?

Do you need a better moisturiser? If skin is dry makeup will sit and cake.

Havinganose Sun 23-Mar-14 22:45:56

Bizarre curveball . My aunt says she knows someone is pregnant as their makeup sits on their face
<helpful!>

joanofarchitrave Sun 23-Mar-14 22:50:09

Both my mum and I are like this.

We stopped wearing foundation.

itsbetterthanabox Mon 24-Mar-14 08:04:24

It won't blend if it is on top of oil. Skip the serum. Use a primer and then apply foundation with a brush.

FrugalFashionista Mon 24-Mar-14 11:30:41

Your bases do not have compatible elements, you may be applying water or silicone over an oily base. Forget the serum (if you have to use something underneath, use a primer). Someone on MUA report pilling too with Genifique. I've tried Genifique a long time ago and remember it felt either greasy or slippy.

FrugalFashionista Mon 24-Mar-14 11:33:00

Reported obviously <adhd>

SweetiePie0 Fri 28-Mar-14 23:42:13

Thank you everyone - going to try primer and buffing on the foundation

squoosh Fri 28-Mar-14 23:52:49

Whipped Creme foundation, sounds as though it's quite thick and heavy. Maybe you need a lighter formulation.

avianaz Sat 29-Mar-14 00:00:16

Just a warning when it comes to buffing into the skin - you might bring out scaly dry patches as you buff it into the skin. For a few people buffing is perfect but a lot (like me sad ) can't.

A wet make up sponge is good for pressing on make up! Spreading it by applying pressure instead of dragging across the skin. You can really sheer down foundation this way, but also build it up where needed.

I also agree about the oil, use it at night, unless you have the time to really let it soak in before applying a primer + foundation.

AbiOllieDex Wed 23-Nov-16 12:40:34

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now