Zara dress - dry clean only?

(4 Posts)
DanGleebals Mon 17-Mar-14 19:29:17

I have just bought this dress from Zara http://www.zara.com/uk/en/woman/dresses/combined-chiffon-dress-c358003p1870516.html (apologies for link - on phone). I love it but I've just realised that it's dry clean only. It is 70% viscose and 30% wool - do you think it's possible to hand wash? I know it'll end up in a heap on my bedroom floor if it has to be dry cleaned so I'll have to take it back wink

Saurus72 Mon 17-Mar-14 19:50:34

I never dry clean anything, except suit jackets. I would definitely wash that dress - I would use a 30 degree silk programme on the washing machine (definitely no warmer than that, otherwise you could cause shrinkage).

DanGleebals Mon 17-Mar-14 20:39:53

Thanks! Think I might keep it. Will hold on to it for a couple of days.

exgoth Mon 17-Mar-14 21:16:11

I have washed dry clean only dresses from Zara and they have been fine - otherwise I would end up not wearing them for months as, like you, they would be on bedroom floor for ages before got round to dry cleaning them! I wash my dry clean only stuff on the cold handwash programme.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now