Work wardrobe - spring re-vamp needed

(3 Posts)
LizLemonsGlasses Mon 17-Mar-14 14:47:19

Help me find some decent outfits to wear to work - I'm in need of two or three items to give it a lift now the season's changed and I'm growing tired of my boring black/navy and cream combinations! I've just had a look round Next in my lunchbreak - my usual haunt - but I despair of the general patterny frumpiness.

I mostly live in Tshirts/jumpers, trainers/boots and boyfriend/skinny jeans when at home and am not especially comfortable dressing 'up' so at work I avoid corporate - suits, dresses etc. My role is in PR and communications so I consider myself to have a certain amount of freedom to express myself through style IYKWIM grin so I most often wear slim trousers with a bigger volume top and a jacket or cardy. Footwear = flats and brogues.

I have the basics of a capsule wardrobe I think - slim blue and slim black trousers, a black jacket, cream blouse, brogues, a number of cardys (navy, black, red, pink) - all very 'classic' but lacking a bit of oomph! Plus I have very short hair and risk looking a bit mannish in the styles I prefer. Can anyone suggest some nice stuff - shirts, tops, jackets, accessories - even skirts or dresses! which would inject a bit of colour or femininity into my wardrobe for the new season?

abfabweb Mon 17-Mar-14 19:30:41

I am loving the shift dresses that are around at the moment, do you dare to be a bit different? These are fabulous - I think!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00G7XNF2Y/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A24VT6FQAUG8W3

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00G8EF54I/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A24VT6FQAUG8W3

Or maybe look at accessorising what you already have in your wardrobe? There are some fabulous statement jewellery to be found. Try www.accessorizemyoutfit.com, they have some great ideas.

LizLemonsGlasses Mon 17-Mar-14 21:27:20

thanks abfab, I'm not really a huge fan of shift dresses tbh, I usually feel too 'formal'!

will have a look on the accessories site, I do like a good scarf or a bangle smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now