Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career x

Daughters bra measurements - I'm sure this can't be right......

(54 Posts)
sweetheart Mon 17-Mar-14 11:36:51

I measured my dd for a new bra this weekend - her measurements were 28" around her rib cage and 34" across her boobs - whilst bending over.

Does that really make her a 28E???? She's only 13!

LeapingOverTheWall Mon 17-Mar-14 16:40:31

DD is a 30FF or thereabouts - we wet through the Brastop and Figleaves websites, and picked out every bra they had in the sizes roundabout that which fit her criteria of "not scary" (i.e. no lace, bright colours, peculiar seams), ordered a job lot (so as to get free returns), tried them on, sent them back, repeat till satisfied. She now has three bras in total, two of which are the same but in different cup sizes as she varies a bit during the month. Yes, it was expensive for a teenager, but I'd rather she had fewer which fit (and won't give her backache) than a drawerful which give no support like her mother had for years. I keep an eye out for sales, and snap up anything similar if I see it.

However Asda do bigger cup sizes at much cheaper prices (not sure how they are for smaller backs though) so that's somewhere else to look.

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 17-Mar-14 16:43:07

I got my 28D in John Lewis.

I think you just struck unlucky with the bra shop you visited.

There's a lot of misconceptions, one of my friends was 30HH, my mum hasn't met her and is convinced she must be flat chested.

Pumpkinette Mon 17-Mar-14 16:56:36

non wired deco bra 28e

This might be suitable for your daughter - it's in debenhams.

alemci Mon 17-Mar-14 17:11:38

interestingly I looked at avon brochure and they were using that added on extra inches principlehmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now