Help. Ruined my Favourite whistles jumper. Sympathy please.

(8 Posts)
hanginginthere1 Mon 17-Mar-14 10:19:16

AAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHH. Just ruined my favourite Whistles jumper by splashing bleach on it in two places. It changed the colour immediately. Nothing I can do about it.
Does anybody know where I could possibly replace it. I bought it at the end of Last Summer. It is a navy ribbed pattern with 3/4 sleeves and a zip that runs right down the back. I know this si a long shot, but I am so upset!

Notcontent Mon 17-Mar-14 10:27:10

No advice but lots of sympathy. I am very attached to my clothes and get upset when something gets ruined. But you will recover... smile

Top tip - never use any serious cleaning products unless wearing old clothes.

hanginginthere1 Mon 17-Mar-14 10:58:46

I know. I'm usually so careful. It happened last night. Shouldn't have had that extra glass of wine!!

WowOoo Mon 17-Mar-14 12:27:07

Could you fill in the bleached bits with a navy sharpie? It won't look perfect but might be better. I've done this a few times.

Saurus72 Mon 17-Mar-14 13:10:23

Might be worth contacting Whistles directly, they sometimes have random pieces from past seasons in their sale section of the website. ASOS also have past season stuff sometimes.

What's it made of? If it's cotton, you could try using Dylon dye stripper to remove all the colour, then re-dying it with a Dylon machine dye.

TollgateDebs Mon 17-Mar-14 18:09:41

I had a similar incident with a yellow cotton jumper, so i threw beach all over it and it looks like it is meant to be!

BoingBoingBoingBoingBoingBoing Mon 17-Mar-14 18:20:00

See if there is a Whistles at Bicester Village... you never know!
http://www.bicestervillage.com

hanginginthere1 Mon 17-Mar-14 19:33:33

Will consider all these things!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now