Help accessorize my gorgeous dress for a super stylish wedding- please!

(6 Posts)
roseinwinter Sun 16-Mar-14 21:36:43

I'm wearing this dress to a wedding next month-
dealsfortherich.com/2012/06/27/diane-von-furstenberg-maja-two-dress-at-shopbop/
I bought it two years ago when I was rich(er), skinny and childless- but then got pregnant (and big) straight away so have never had the chance to wear it. Last summer I was breastfeeding so it didn't get a look in. Now I finally have lost the baby weight and get to wear it but have no idea what with...

I have nude or gold shoes that would probably work. I like jewellery but don't have much - I thought maybe a long strand necklace might look good? I'd like to wear a hat, but again have no clue. And given it'll be April in the UK it'll probably be cold so I'll need a coat or jacket - would a trench be ok?

TIA!
(Ps sorry for link to random website but the dress is old so couldn't find it anywhere else. Pps the colour isn't quite so in your face in real life!)

HappyGirlNow Sun 16-Mar-14 22:17:54

Love the dress - what an amazing colour!

I'd go for gold shoes and I wouldn't bother with a necklace but would wear statement earrings and a nice bracelet..

roseinwinter Mon 17-Mar-14 18:24:05

Thanks. I have nice earrings to wear and will find a bracelet!

ScarlettOHaraHamilton Mon 17-Mar-14 18:28:16

I agree with gold or pale silver/lilac shoes and wouldn't accessorise that dress much at all, it's gorgeous.

Any chance you've got it in a size 8-10 and would loan it out for a super fashion conscious summer wedding...? grin

abfabweb Mon 17-Mar-14 19:14:52

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

HappyGirlNow Mon 17-Mar-14 19:16:56

Get as many posts in as you can before you're banned abfabweb grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now