Who has had a go with L'Oreal hair chalk?

(7 Posts)
Financeprincess Sun 16-Mar-14 18:43:40

I haven't. However, they look quite exciting. Apparently you can use them to add a bit of colour, in stripes or other configurations, which washes out in two shampoos. Even though I am 42, and a chartered accountant, I am strangely drawn to the idea of purple stripes/ombré for the weekend.

Has anybody used them? I presume that they are liquid colours you paint on and leave to develop for a bit, rather than, you know, actual chalk type things? I must know.

Anticipating advice from the hair experts!

I have the Fudge version in purple. It's a block of chalk that you just rub over your hair. Very subtle. So subtle, in fact, that I thought sod it and did the ends in semi permanent Fudge paintbox in purple. blush

FaceDirectionOfTravel Sun 16-Mar-14 21:06:42

I have Loreal hair chalks, and they are liquid that you smooth on with an applicator. The hairdresser did them for me the first time and they looked great. I haven't quite been able to replicate but also haven't really fiddled about to get the practice, and it also didn't look terrible when I did it...just not really vibrant.

Financeprincess Sun 16-Mar-14 22:26:23

Fab, thanks!

FaceDirectionOfTravel Sun 16-Mar-14 22:32:09

Oh, and they do wash out with just water, so the colour fades even if you step in the shower but don't wash your hair.

Catswiththumbs Mon 17-Mar-14 09:55:45

Word of warning, I used hair chalk on bleached hair, which sucked up the colour when I was trying to wash it out.
Ended up with "tie dye" pink for ages. Got rid when I bleached the roots again blush

Skivvywoman Mon 17-Mar-14 11:37:18

I bought my dd hair chalk from amazon the purple is gorgeous but did take a couple of washes to come out

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now