help! New term at uni next week and nothing to wear!

(13 Posts)
Indith Sun 16-Mar-14 09:10:23

I need dresses and I need them now. easy to pull on with tights, knee length or above. Please please please! wardrobe in post having children rebuilding stage. done winter with some decent knitted dresses but just realised I have a couple of summer dresses but nothing for spring. oops. dont like jeans really. Have some nice tops, need a pair of trousers. But mainly need dresses of the sort I can throw on at 6am and leave the house in! suggestions for cardis also welcome, I suck at the whole chunky knit over a dress on cold days thing.

Indith Sun 16-Mar-14 10:37:24

sad

sotiredfornow Sun 16-Mar-14 12:50:51

I don't know what budget you're looking at but Dorothy Perkins is usually good for those type of dresses, inexpensive too. I can't link as on my phone but Topshop also has several - there is a short sleeve, v-neck jersey dress in a couple of different prints which is incredibly flattering on and would look nice as you described you'd wear it.

Hope that helps, can't say I've seen anything anywhere else.

Indith Sun 16-Mar-14 16:02:00

Thanks.

Not sure about Dorothy Perkins. They used to do a nice selection of jersey dresses but they all seem to be a bit high in the neck and skater style at the moment. Will have a look at Topshop, I've not looked there since I was a teenager. I should possibly point out that I am 30 grin.

Indith Sun 16-Mar-14 16:27:17

I like this. But rather expensive. And no sleeves for this time of year.

normaleggy Sun 16-Mar-14 19:21:12

these?

I ordered one of these, it's a nice fit and very reasonably priced. They also do some long sleeved versions too if you have a look through their stuff.

Coumarin Sun 16-Mar-14 20:31:11

Glad you asked this as I've been on the hunt for dresses too. They all seem to be too dressy or too Summery.

I like the joules one but as you say, it could do with a bit if a sleeve for this time of year.

Belindaearl2 Sun 16-Mar-14 20:55:51

It's mandatory to wear jeans & jumpers until you've passed your exams grin

Indith Mon 17-Mar-14 08:19:43

but I don't want to wear jeans and jumper! In all honesty it is the lack of flexibility of the waistband on my buggered tummy muscles that let my stomach pop out and make me look pg after I eat that I can't stand. so uncomfortable!

Sorry had a huge power cut last night so no interwebs.

I like one of the white company ones.

I want sleeves though. I have the fat face ingrid dress which is in the sale at the moment. Looks nice on, good length, has sleeves.

polyhymnia Mon 17-Mar-14 10:03:31

Have a look on Biden clearance site?

polyhymnia Mon 17-Mar-14 10:03:47

Boden!

Indith Mon 17-Mar-14 10:47:21

Not a huge boden fan, tends to be a bit too. ... pattern filled.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now