Shampoo Brands

(86 Posts)
TheVictorian Fri 14-Mar-14 20:35:39

After various shampoos were being recommended by friends that they find quite good, i thought id see what shampoos everyone on here recommends.

Question 1) what brand of shampoo do you use ?

Question 2) why do you use that brand ?

Question 3) what are the main features, you like about the shampoo ?

TheVictorian Wed 09-Apr-14 00:50:54

TheJumped lol

Iatemyskinnyperson Tue 08-Apr-14 22:28:54

I'm using John Masters Organics

I use it because it's sulfate and silicone free & is the best I've ever used! Hair is so sleek & soft, doesn't get weighed down and lasts a good couple of days before needing re-washing.

I have coloured highlighted hair that is probably totally grey under the dye...

TheJumped Tue 08-Apr-14 22:00:50

You work for 'hair rage' and I claim my £5 grin

TheVictorian Tue 08-Apr-14 20:17:16

NinetyNinePercentTroll As i have recently been talking about various shampoos & hair styles with some female friends ( i was aiming for a brand that kept my hair looking nice and shiny ) and i thought id also see what brands mumnetters used (hence the questions and the bumps)

Thank you everyone so far for your responses.

NinetyNinePercentTroll Tue 08-Apr-14 20:11:12

Are you a shampoo perv or is this market research, TheVictorian?

5 "bumps" and lost count of the times you've typed variations of "what brand do you use."

Are 81 responses not quite enough for your survey?

Methe Tue 08-Apr-14 20:04:54

Question 1) what brand of shampoo do you use? Aussie

Question 2) why do you use that brand ? It leaves my hair clean, soft and shiny. A lot of hair products leave a residue, Aussie doesn't.

Question 3) what are the main features, you like about the shampoo ? - I love the smell!

TheVictorian Tue 08-Apr-14 20:01:30

Anyone elses, preferred shampoo ?

TheVictorian Fri 04-Apr-14 00:23:16

Bump

TheVictorian Wed 02-Apr-14 22:26:46

One of my friends recommended that i should change brands every month or so and i wondered why this is ?

yummytummy Tue 01-Apr-14 19:56:37

I use herbal essence the original bottle not new version and its the only thing that I feel properly cleans my hair. Love the smell too!

TheVictorian Tue 01-Apr-14 19:53:08

Anyone else ?

TheVictorian Sun 30-Mar-14 14:48:33

Has anyone heard of the hair rage brand shampoos ?

daimbardiva Fri 28-Mar-14 09:00:37

I've just started to use Bodyshop rainforest radiance range after recommendations on here and am really impressed so far. Much less harsh than other silicon/sulphate free ranges ive tried e.g. Naked

happywithit Thu 27-Mar-14 22:29:46

moroccan oil repair shampoo, that the best one for my hair, leave it soft and manageable, but this month i am but poor so i am using tresseme, but i still checking the websites to find some good offer in moroccan oil repair shampoo 1000ml.
anyone got some idea?

MrsShortfuse Thu 27-Mar-14 22:23:25

I use anything, I must have about 10 bottles in the bathroom, all different. My hair is long, straight and highlighted and it looks exactly the same whatever I use. So I just use what smells nice.

TheVictorian Thu 27-Mar-14 21:53:54

Thank you for the responses so far.

thecapitalsunited Thu 27-Mar-14 21:24:19

I use Tigi Sleek Mystique. Makes it so much easier to blow dry my hair and has dramatically cut down on my frizz.

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 27-Mar-14 21:17:24

Aldi pink herbals (low salt content no silicone) and klorane with b6 for hair loss. I have waist length hair.

I don't have hair loss confused

Applespearsorangesandlemons Thu 27-Mar-14 20:03:02

L'oreal elvive with selenium. It used to be with the dandruff shampoos and is now a mans shampoo but is identical in a different bottle. Finding out that it wasn't discontinued and was simply rebranded was the best day of my week. It's simply the only shampoo which keeps my itchy scalp in check without stripping the colour and keeps my hair looking fab. I have no brand loyalty to conditioners and tend to buy whatever is on offer.

frankietwospots Thu 27-Mar-14 19:08:53

I've used the John Frieda brunette range for years but have just bought Boots Botanics today to try something new.

guineapig2014 Thu 27-Mar-14 17:24:16

Dd and I use cowshed
We love the smell, makes hair beautiful, soft and glossy.

TheVictorian Thu 27-Mar-14 17:22:07

Does anyone else have any different brands they would like to add ?

TheVictorian Tue 25-Mar-14 09:00:22

if anyone has found a particular brand they like, do they stick with it or try different brands (that's the reasoning behind my question)

MmeMorrible Mon 24-Mar-14 22:49:18

Why?

TheVictorian Mon 24-Mar-14 22:27:22

Do any of you have a particular brand loyalty to a specific brand of shampoo ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now