Shampoo Brands

(86 Posts)
TheVictorian Fri 14-Mar-14 20:35:39

After various shampoos were being recommended by friends that they find quite good, i thought id see what shampoos everyone on here recommends.

Question 1) what brand of shampoo do you use ?

Question 2) why do you use that brand ?

Question 3) what are the main features, you like about the shampoo ?

southeastastra Tue 18-Mar-14 07:55:11

for the price of that blue malva isn't it worth getting a colourist to sort out the 'brassieness' grin it's about thirty quid isn't it!

i like klorane cammomile, little goes a long way. it's just very nice.

Bambi75 Tue 18-Mar-14 15:39:12

Kerastase - nothing beats it. there's a product in the range for every hair type. Pricey though and only available from salons. More than one hairdresser over the years has told me that of the high street brands Aussie is the best.

TulipOHare Tue 18-Mar-14 16:10:18

I have tried a zillion brands, including Kerastase, Redken and Aveda, and none have made more than a slight and temporary difference to my flyaway, frizz-prone, heat-damaged hair sad

So now I just use whatever I come across. Currently Naked shampoo with Crabtree & Evelyn La source conditioner. Like everything else, they are just OK hmm

Feel really envy when people discover a shampoo and conditioner that work miracles for them!

michellestub1965 Tue 18-Mar-14 17:04:20

I like elvive they are always on offer. Have also started using argan oil spray from pound land which is really good.

NorbertDentressangle Tue 18-Mar-14 17:08:01

Like FabULouse I use the Inecto coconut one after reading about it on here - paraben free, cheap (important when you've got a teenage DD who helps themselves to whatever you use). It makes my hair look smooth and glossy.

Coffeeandsunshine Tue 18-Mar-14 18:13:23

Aveda too after seeing so many recommendations for it on Mumsnet!

I like Aveda's Brilliant shampoo and conditioner. Combats the frizz on my fine hair without weighing it down or making it greasy - I've tried so many different brands and this is the only one which has ever worked for me.

TheVictorian Thu 20-Mar-14 18:17:06

Based om the responses so far I think ill try the Aveda brand.

TheVictorian Thu 20-Mar-14 18:17:25

*on

Germanwife Thu 20-Mar-14 18:33:45

L'Anza and Aveda. Recommended by my hairdresser. I use them because I see a 100% improvement in my hair: much smoother, less limp and less frizzy than it was when I used Tigi and John Frieda.

Keratase here, tried lots of different brands and like the shine it leaves, no frizz either. Buy a huge pump bottle from hairdresser. Quite like lush too.

ExcuseTypos Thu 20-Mar-14 18:44:41

Aveda here too. I use the shampoo and conditioner for coloured hair. I've only been using it for a couple of months but it makes such a difference to how long my colour lasts. I highly recommend it.

Meerkatwhiskers Thu 20-Mar-14 20:01:00

What chemist do you get the inecto one from? A chain or independents? Might look into it. I have Asian type hair and know that coconut oil is used in India and have thought about trying it (but can't get hold of it). If it's paraben free then it's win win.

I'm sure I've seen Inecto in £ Shop but I'm not 100% sure.
It's a brand that been about for years (from my teens) so maybe it's had a revamp and this was the older packaging.
I might look myself now.

I used to use one called TOPAZ when I was in my 20s, smelled lovely.

At the moment, I've got Liz Earle - the shampoo on it's own meh . The shampoo and conditioner together grin

TheJumped Thu 20-Mar-14 20:29:36

I find a shampoo and conditioner that I think is my holy grail, then it just builds up on my hair until I switch sad I was using Tresemme Platinum Strength which made it so soft, shiny and swishy, but it is jam full of silicones so thought I should try something posher. I've always used Kerastase Masquintense and love that, so went for Kerastase shampoo and conditioner this time, the Ciment ones in green packaging - gorgeous for about two weeks, now it's all lank and sticky feeling. Hoping for ideas of where to try next from this thread - if I thought Aveda would work I'd be willing to pay.

1944girl Thu 20-Mar-14 20:34:01

I have tried loads of brands but always go back to Tresseme. At the moment it is the Keratin one very pleased with it so far. I use the deep cleansing one about once a week and it is brilliant.
I got a sample of Panton Age Defy from Boots, and the conditioner is gorgeous, I don't get on with conditioners but this one is lovely.

Sicaq Thu 20-Mar-14 20:34:28

Can someone link to the Boots Naturals shampoo? I can never find it in my Boots.

Tried the Naked shampoo but it felt like I'd poured cooking oil over my hair. Just couldn't get it to rinse out.

I like the Schwarzkoft Supersoft Volume shampoo, it is usually 99p in Savers. It has sulfate, but no silicones.

TheVictorian Fri 21-Mar-14 08:50:51

Bump

higgle Fri 21-Mar-14 10:43:19

I use John Freida blondes shampoo and conditioner, also the serum and the deep treatment. I know they are not popular on here because of the silicone but I have thick glossy and shiny hair which is much complimented ( especially as I'm ancient and most women my age are not so fortunate) it seems to work for me. it is often half price or 3 for 2 in the supermarkets.

Lambzig Fri 21-Mar-14 14:26:37

Frederik fekkai, the shampoo for coloured hair and the conditioner for dry hair at the moment(although I have used lots of the range).

Works really well on my greasy with dry ends hair.

BeCool Fri 21-Mar-14 16:32:35

Green People Vitamin Shampoo.
It is the most wonderful shampoo ever, it smell fab, leaves hair soft and clean, it is gentle but effective and makes my hair look shiny and lovely. And it's all lovely and natural, no SLS's parabens or any other baddies. But mostly I buy it because it's the best shampoo I've ever used.

TheVictorian Fri 21-Mar-14 23:19:20

A good mix of various shampoo brands so far.

polyhymnia Fri 21-Mar-14 23:29:49

Only ever use Kerastase or Aveda because no other brands give such good results in my experience .

TheVictorian Sat 22-Mar-14 21:35:00

Bump

thedrunkenduck Sat 22-Mar-14 21:39:17

Moroccan oil. My hair is very dry naturally so this gives it a much needed boost.

If I'm having a "poor" month I just buy Aussie.

AuntieMaggie Sat 22-Mar-14 21:44:24

Normally tresemme but I've also been using an Aldi shampoo and conditioner which has been good - can't remember the name though but the bottles are similar to the pantene bottles

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now