Black work trousers - inspire me please

(11 Posts)

I have taken up bike riding, and am currently constantly covered in the bruises of ineptitude, which means that my usual wardrobe of skirts and dresses, with skin coloured tights is not working.

I rarely wear trousers, as I have really long legs (inside leg 35"). And I struggle to get ones to fit.
I would love cigarette trousers, but they are generally too tight on my calves, as they come up shorter on me than normal people. Normally long tall Sally is my go to place for jeans.

I am a size 10/12 dependent on shop.
Please please someone help me!!!

Bump
So I tried on trousers at M&S and next on Sunday neither had anything long enough.
I am desparate!

PennySillin Mon 17-Mar-14 20:40:57

I am not as tall as you and I have to wear blue smart trousers for work (nurses tunic above) the nicest trousers I have are (and I have tried quite a few) from Sainsburys!!! I buy the regular length but they do a longer length too and I am sure they come in black. I buy the slim line leg, not quite as slim as a cigarette trouser but slimmer than normal. smile

Gillybobs Mon 17-Mar-14 20:50:33

Boden do a full length (not cropped) version of their Bistro trousers now, could be a nice ankle grazing length on you?

bettykt Mon 17-Mar-14 21:03:10

I wear these to work they're from Next and fit really well. I wear petite but they come in long and extra long. They stop just below the ankle.

pinkflaming0 Mon 17-Mar-14 21:44:11

I am only a 34" inside leg but have had exactly the same problem. Next Tall are long enough but just not my shape - waist too big, hips too tight.

I love GAP Tall at the moment. I have three pairs of cropped trousers form there black, navy and silver grey. I've found the Tall sizes come up slightly larger than the same size in a standard length. I had to size down in most styles. They are not especially short on me and would still look good an inch further up my leg so might be OK for you.

Their Tall jeans are excellent too.

missisboot Mon 17-Mar-14 21:47:32

How about zara? They seem to be v long in the leg.

pinkflaming0 Mon 17-Mar-14 21:49:24

Yes, good call - Zara come up long.

Jaegar are v long. Pricey though. I have a lovely pair of black trousers from there but I got them in the sale.

PinkandTwinkly Tue 18-Mar-14 02:00:28

Have you tried Tall Girls?
A lot are 36inch leg, so might be a little long.
They do a a fair amount of boring bootcuts but have so okay choices

Thanks all
Appreciate the help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now