Skin care help please!

(15 Posts)
sotiredfornow Thu 13-Mar-14 09:45:45

Hi all! My skin has really changed for the worst lately, with the first signs of ageing (age 30) well and truly present. I've used Liz Earle C & P and now the No7 Hot Cloth Cleanser. I also use Bio Derma Micellaire. I'm happy with that little routine.

What I need help with is some kind of resurfacing treatment moisturiser? I'm confused by bha, aha, lactic acids etc etc. I'm considering buying the Philosophy Hope in a Jar - it contains lactic acid.

My main concerns are large open pores, uneven skin tone and generally dull complexion (oily nose but a little dehydrated elsewhere - lines across my forehead) ...

Can anyone advise? Thanks so much!

cerealqueen Thu 13-Mar-14 11:10:49

Lots of positive comments on here about Bravura peels? They also do glycolic acid moisturiser.

I use Avene Triacneal which has low level retin and glycolic acid in it. My skin is very good at the moment. I also add jojoba oil 9 (most like skin's own sebum) to my daytime moisturiser.

sotiredfornow Thu 13-Mar-14 12:45:11

Thank you so much for the info cerealqueen (great name!)

I'll take a look at Bravura.

The Avene Triacneal looks really interesting. The reviews are fantastic. What daytime moisturiser are you using?

cerealqueen Thu 13-Mar-14 18:30:04

Bravura code - 20spring

Gives you 20% off orders over £20 until midnight 17/3 - just seen an email in my inbox!!

Daytime I use oil of olay complete care day cream, been using it for years, has an SPF15 and as I'm using treatment type cream at night don't like to use one during day too, more important that I have an SPF.

I'm looking for a higher SPF cream for the summer but haven't found a good one yet!

I did read somewhere that after 30 you need to start using a retin based product, which I did. I'm in my 40s now and people are shocked when I tell them!

I'm also using a sonic electric cleansing brush a few times a week which I got as a bargain on ebay but have heard people on here say they use their electric toothbrush with a soft head!!!!

cerealqueen Thu 13-Mar-14 18:31:51

oops forgot to say people on here say the bravura facecloth is amazing but also that a regular microfibre cleaning cloth also works wonders.

sotiredfornow Thu 13-Mar-14 19:46:24

Thanksss for the code!

I'm also looking for a high SPF cream for summer. I get pigmentation if I'm not super careful. Let me know if you discover something that still creates a nice base for makeup.

So I need a retin based product - I'll google!

I keep looking at clarisonic and the no7 face brush. Never thought to use an electric toothbrush with soft head smile

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Fri 14-Mar-14 10:53:35

code won't work for me sad

cerealqueen Sat 15-Mar-14 12:13:00

Just checked - that is def the code

20spring

Email says if you have any probs email before ordering.

Hope it works!

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Sun 16-Mar-14 17:16:11

Thanks, it worked this time! smile

WhisperingShadow Sun 16-Mar-14 17:21:58

I just ordered Bravura 15% night cream and the mud cleanser. Just need to find a day cream with spf.

Thanks for thread OP.

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Mon 17-Mar-14 08:28:18

Bravura do a SPF cream that you add to your own cream. bit of a faff I reckon. La roche posay do a nice daily sun protection moisturiser.

WhisperingShadow Tue 18-Mar-14 20:16:46

Do I need to use another mosturization cream on top of the glycoacid 15% night cream . Skin feels tight and dry. First time used it.

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Wed 19-Mar-14 08:09:15

I do just because it feels more comfy.

WhisperingShadow Wed 19-Mar-14 08:24:04

My skin a

WhisperingShadow Wed 19-Mar-14 08:25:25

My skin actually look clearer today. Never had that before with a product. Less red rash type colour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now