Bra intervention - How has it affected you?

(83 Posts)
boogiewoogie Wed 12-Mar-14 18:10:23

So with more of use being remeasured and swapping old bras for our real sized bras, I wonder whether whether it's made much of a difference overall. Please feel free to share your experience, your old and new bra size and whether bra intervention has made a difference to you.

Okay, so for me, I was already quite small at 32A but my problems were mainly that the straps would fall down, the band would ride up when I lifted my arms and there would be gaping between the cups. I've tried several 28Ds and am currently wearing a Cleo Marcie 28DD. No more falling straps, band staying put and no flashing nipples when I lean over. However, they seem rather uncomfortable with the first few wears. I

It does mean however that to buy 28 back bras, I would have to rely doing it mostly online or wait till I get to a big city.

ILoveOnionRings Sat 15-Mar-14 16:03:10

Hi all, I have been a lurker on the bra intervention threads but after reading most of them realised I was in the wrong bra. I particularly hurt on the shoulders and would end up with chaffing, marks and my shoulders being pulled forward. Did the pull the bra out test, huge gap!

I was wearing 34F's but have come away from Bravissimo today with 32GGs mainly and a 32G. The assistant was fabulous and patient as I tried on over 30 bras.

I bought what I could afford then the other bras that fitted have added to the wishlist

comicsansisevil Sat 15-Mar-14 16:02:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Got another 2 bras and pant set today opps though one is my bridal underwear cant try it on till dp goes to work tonight my boobs are going to be sooo perky looking than 20 years ago dp already asked to have a look (to check they fit)

I ran out of the room shouting nooooo not yet reading that bra thread last year has changed my life thankyou so much grin

SorrelForbes Sat 15-Mar-14 15:58:40

StatisticallyChallenged Well, I did wonder when you said how small they were grin. Ouch.

comicsansisevil That's interesting, I get back fat with a 34DD but none with a 30GG. Have you tried a 32FF/G? The cup volume of a 34F is equal to a 32FF so you have in effect gone up a cup anyway.

comicsansisevil Sat 15-Mar-14 15:53:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

I might have to give Minnie a try.

BTW I've discovered that my marcie purple pants are obviously mis-sized in some way as they're literally about 4 sizes smaller than my Millie ones I got recently. Think I somehow got size 10s masquerading as a 16!

SorrelForbes Sat 15-Mar-14 14:21:32

StatisticallyChallenged Snap! I'm running out of space though so I'm beginning to think about appropriating DH's underwear drawer!

BTW, I wore my new Cleo Minnie set yesterday. Very, very comfy. The pants especially are very flattering and seem roomier (and deeper) than usual.

Sorrel I double mine over, put the cups inside each other and then stuff them with the pants. They stack up fairly well like that - not quite as well as moulded but still quite neat

SorrelForbes Sat 15-Mar-14 10:01:33

KatoPotato Oh, lovely drawer of neatly arranged bras envy. Most of mine are unmoulded so I don't think they'll stack like that!

KatoPotato Sat 15-Mar-14 09:39:03

Thanks to bra intervention I've become obsessed with buying bras!!

funkybuddha Sat 15-Mar-14 09:36:35

thank you, will have a squiz now

funkybuddha Fri 14-Mar-14 18:29:30

can anyone tell me how to measure myself? I have no idea how this works but like the idea of not having straps falling off my shoulders and shipping my bra off as soon as I come in!

BeginnerSAHM Fri 14-Mar-14 14:58:18

Yup, I know it is VVV small but my friends never believe me when I say I wear a 30C wink!! The D makes me feel happy anyway....

SorrelForbes Fri 14-Mar-14 14:56:10

If you're a 30D in R&P then you'll probably need a 28DD in other brands. Honestly, a 28DD is still a very small cup.

BeginnerSAHM Fri 14-Mar-14 14:53:58

Eek - in rigby and pellet trying on 30Ds!!! 30c too small shockshockshock. Really, I have teeny boobs. (They don't do 28 back)

FionaJT Thu 13-Mar-14 20:36:54

StatisticallyChallenged, I ordered Curvy Kate Portia, Daily Boost and Emily, Nessa Lucy and Stella, Flirtelle Cheryl and a Gossard Vintage Rose bra. Mostly balconettes as that's what's always fitted best before.
I'm keeping the Gossard one and the Curvy Kate Emily (which was an F cup) and exchanging the Daily Boost and the Stella for smaller sizes. The rest are just going back. I guess I need to try different shapes, they were all rather baggy at the top.

IME, trying to find the right bra is up there with finding a good pair of jeans. You might know that your base size is a 14, but how many pairs of jeans do you try on before you find one that fits everywhere properly? And you probably already know that bootlegs don't suit you so have ruled out a huge number before you even start whereas if you have been wearing the vastly wrong size of bra you probably don't know what shapes work either.

Which bras did you order FionaJT

Carmeneletc when I go shopping I take a bra extender with me as sometimes the etxra cm of hooks helps with tightness

FionaJT Thu 13-Mar-14 20:05:17

I measured myself last weekend, after lurking on the intervention thread. I was wearing 34C/D, and measured at 31.5 ribcage and 39-40 round my breasts.

I ordered a big pile of bras from Brastop in 32F & FF which arrived yesterday, but while the tighter band feels better and I can see in principle that the bigger cup makes sense, the cups were mostly too big. I'm keeping a couple, although I don't think they are the perfect fit yet, and exchanging some for a smaller size. I have been wearing one of the new bras today, and while it rubs a bit, I definitely feel like everything is staying where it should more than previously!

Tonight I popped into TK Maxx and found a few 32 DD & E bras, which I tried on and the cups were all definitely too small, so I feel like I am going in the right direction with sizing. No miracles yet but I am hopeful.

I love my boobs nows used to 38A now 34d 36 c and 32 dd depends on style and shop I found primark really good

I found a old bra and tried it now omg I saw how the cup did nothing apart from cover nipples and a bit of my boob I seem to be buying skintight tshirts and wear cardigans to show my sexy boobs off dp loves the fact I love my boobs as I wonder around the flat in my underwear more showing them off

CynicalandSmug Thu 13-Mar-14 19:50:11

Was a 32dd, now seem to be 30e/f. I think the newer sized ones look a bit better but they all feel the same to be honest. Bras are too expensive for me to throw out the old ones, but future purchases will be with Bravissimo.

carmenelectra Thu 13-Mar-14 19:06:01

Well I started a thread last wk as I did the bra intervention and still not got very far.

Was wearing 32c left breast a bit fuller. Balconette styles are my favourite buy I ended up with only one feeling comfy and all the rest either popping out or generally ill fitting.

Im sixe 8 to 10 and remeasured at 35 full breast and 30 ribcage. Bought two new bras that felt ok. No over spill but slight rubbing of wires under armpit.got 30dd.

Tried 32d and dd band felt ok but cups baggy..so ibe not bought anymore. Tried couple different styles and so far none that feel right. I think the 30dd aee probably right and it makes sense and they seem to be getting comfier. .

I need a full day to go properly shopping as I cant afford the time or money to getting ones that aee not right when I get home.

Ive got loads of old size but newish bras that I can no longer wear and just two tshirt style ones that actually fit.

FrugalFashionista Thu 13-Mar-14 17:38:25

I'm asking Cjb because 34ABC has been my size too (and I've had lifelong problems with empty cuppage). Right now 32D feels best and is still easy to get (I'm abroad and shops where I shop don't do UK sizing). I have wide but shallow breasts, don't need much support because they are very firm. I'm doing more and more soft cups and love this bra type. Feel free to pm for more ideas and also see the Tiny Tits thread. I think women with smaller breasts are often overlooked and misunderstood!

Floisme Thu 13-Mar-14 16:43:00

I was wearing 32A/B. Now I'm in a 28F and look like a goddess grin
Thank you thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now