Bra intervention - How has it affected you?

(83 Posts)
boogiewoogie Wed 12-Mar-14 18:10:23

So with more of use being remeasured and swapping old bras for our real sized bras, I wonder whether whether it's made much of a difference overall. Please feel free to share your experience, your old and new bra size and whether bra intervention has made a difference to you.

Okay, so for me, I was already quite small at 32A but my problems were mainly that the straps would fall down, the band would ride up when I lifted my arms and there would be gaping between the cups. I've tried several 28Ds and am currently wearing a Cleo Marcie 28DD. No more falling straps, band staying put and no flashing nipples when I lean over. However, they seem rather uncomfortable with the first few wears. I

It does mean however that to buy 28 back bras, I would have to rely doing it mostly online or wait till I get to a big city.

Sorrel I double mine over, put the cups inside each other and then stuff them with the pants. They stack up fairly well like that - not quite as well as moulded but still quite neat

SorrelForbes Sat 15-Mar-14 14:21:32

StatisticallyChallenged Snap! I'm running out of space though so I'm beginning to think about appropriating DH's underwear drawer!

BTW, I wore my new Cleo Minnie set yesterday. Very, very comfy. The pants especially are very flattering and seem roomier (and deeper) than usual.

I might have to give Minnie a try.

BTW I've discovered that my marcie purple pants are obviously mis-sized in some way as they're literally about 4 sizes smaller than my Millie ones I got recently. Think I somehow got size 10s masquerading as a 16!

comicsansisevil Sat 15-Mar-14 15:53:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SorrelForbes Sat 15-Mar-14 15:58:40

StatisticallyChallenged Well, I did wonder when you said how small they were grin. Ouch.

comicsansisevil That's interesting, I get back fat with a 34DD but none with a 30GG. Have you tried a 32FF/G? The cup volume of a 34F is equal to a 32FF so you have in effect gone up a cup anyway.

Got another 2 bras and pant set today opps though one is my bridal underwear cant try it on till dp goes to work tonight my boobs are going to be sooo perky looking than 20 years ago dp already asked to have a look (to check they fit)

I ran out of the room shouting nooooo not yet reading that bra thread last year has changed my life thankyou so much grin

comicsansisevil Sat 15-Mar-14 16:02:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ILoveOnionRings Sat 15-Mar-14 16:03:10

Hi all, I have been a lurker on the bra intervention threads but after reading most of them realised I was in the wrong bra. I particularly hurt on the shoulders and would end up with chaffing, marks and my shoulders being pulled forward. Did the pull the bra out test, huge gap!

I was wearing 34F's but have come away from Bravissimo today with 32GGs mainly and a 32G. The assistant was fabulous and patient as I tried on over 30 bras.

I bought what I could afford then the other bras that fitted have added to the wishlist

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now