Saltwater sandals

(106 Posts)
Saurus72 Sat 08-Mar-14 21:25:16

I need some flat sandals to wear on holiday, and just for scuffing around in at the weekends in summer when heels/wedges are not an option, e.g., if I'm going shopping, walking for miles etc.

I have some Birkenstocks and find them OK, but not brilliantly comfy. I also have some Fly london sandals with a tiny wedge, but they are nearing the end of their life.

So, I've been looking at Saltwater sandals - I love the colours and they look pretty comfy. Any opinions/experience of wearing them gratefully received.

AndTwoBits Sat 08-Mar-14 22:05:40

I adore mine. I have the originals in red and will be buying them in gold this year and a pair for my 2 young girls too! They are the most comfortable sandals i have ever worn. I wore them all last summer and they are still like new. I even threw them in the washing machine a couple of times. They are machine washable.
I have the most sensitive feet in the world and these are unbelievably comfortable. I was recommended them here around this time last year. Best advice on mumsnet yet!

squoosh Sat 08-Mar-14 22:27:40

I love Saltwater sandals, are they worth £50 though?

Saurus72 Sat 08-Mar-14 22:31:00

Thanks Twobits, they sound good! Do you order your normal UK size, or size up?
Squoosh £50 is definitely worth it for me to be able to walk as far as I want in hot weather without getting blisters/sore feet!

expatinscotland Sat 08-Mar-14 22:58:41

Where can you order them from a UK supplier?

aoife24 Sat 08-Mar-14 23:03:24
peasandlove Sun 09-Mar-14 00:59:05

I rate them. You might find them on amazon for cheaper, but not sure if you'd get stung for tax when they arrive into the UK?

I have tan ones and I'm buying red ones this year. I love them.

Kahu Sun 09-Mar-14 04:52:36

What's the sizing like? And can someone please choose a colour for me?! I'm torn between red, white, navy or tan [dithering face]

Mrsfrumble Sun 09-Mar-14 04:53:54

I have them in tan and red too! They are so comfy and cute, I get complimented on them all the time.

I'm in the US and they are as cheap as chips here (about $35 on Amazon, from what I remember). By the time you add tax and postage there probably wouldn't be much difference though.

KosherBacon Sun 09-Mar-14 06:50:57

I keep looking at then but worry that the ankle strap will make my size 14 legs look even chunkier.

Notgoingtotakeitanymore Sun 09-Mar-14 07:24:09

You can get them in the uk from sunsansandsls.co.uk. lots of colourd prices same as toast.

BonaDea Sun 09-Mar-14 07:30:13

Does anyone with bigger feet have them? I'm a size 7 and what looks cute in a size 4 can sometimes look frumpy scales up. I have quite slim legs and ankles which can compound the effect!

AndTwoBits Sun 09-Mar-14 07:47:51

Im a size 8 and bought them in the 8. They fit perfectly. I wouldn't wear them if i thought for a millisecond i looked frumpy.

AndTwoBits Sun 09-Mar-14 07:49:32

A 41 i should say. I know an 8 can be either a 41 or a 42 depending on where you shop.

MooseyMoo Sun 09-Mar-14 08:02:49

Just ordered Navy from Sun San They are currently moving warehouse so cannot guarantee next day delivery so they are refunding postage (you still have to pay postage, they will refund).

StarsAbove Sun 09-Mar-14 10:32:49

I'm sure its a complete no no but I love the idea of DD and I having matching sandals this summer!

Shimmyshimmy Sun 09-Mar-14 10:38:47

I have them in red and gold, I'm size 7 and I'll be getting some for dd too when we visit the US this year, she loves them, are they worth £50, most definitely - they are the only sandals I have ever bought which didn't blister my feet.

AndTwoBits Sun 09-Mar-14 10:39:15

It probably is starsabove but i too think it's a lovely idea! I will resist my urges though and buy my girls the sweetheart ones. They are so cute.

AndTwoBits Sun 09-Mar-14 10:40:06

Plus i like the idea of all of us having blister free comfy feet all summer long.

Shimmyshimmy Sun 09-Mar-14 10:43:55

I get complimented on them too and from the most unexpected people, like dd's teacher.

flakjacket Sun 09-Mar-14 10:48:13

Do they come up wide? I have narrow feet...

Saurus72 Sun 09-Mar-14 11:20:45

Huzzah, have just ordered a silver pair from SunSan, I'm excited now.

Shimmyshimmy Sun 09-Mar-14 11:28:33

They expand to fit, I think.

AndTwoBits Sun 09-Mar-14 11:30:06

They sort of mould to the shape of your feet if you get them wet too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now