Toast dungarees....

(53 Posts)
Pixiepie Sat 08-Mar-14 18:59:22

What do you think? awful or nice. The denim ones are all sold out and with a hefty pricetag they have now introduced linen cotton ones in a kind of beige colour. I am in two minds. I love the top half of them but think the bottom half make the model look like an overgrown toddler. What do you think of them? Or maybe you have a pair and think they look nice on real women? I think the models make the clothes look weird and really puts me off buying anything from them [ if i could afford it] as they are way overpriced imo. Comments please ?????!!!!

Pixiepie Sat 12-Apr-14 11:45:54

Sorry that should have read...i am a size 12 and consider myself AS NORMAL in size that is!!!!

Pixiepie Sat 12-Apr-14 11:45:05

I ordered the toast ones to see what all the fuss was about. OMG they were hiddeous!!!! I looked like andy pandy!!! RETURNED!!! i honestly cant see how anyone would suit them. How could they sell out!! They were truly horrible! I am a size 12 so dont consider myself as normal. They just looked so wrong!

MerylStrop Sat 15-Mar-14 16:14:48

Amber you look great
You are wearing an identical outfit to my 7 year old daughter. She looks fab too.

Floisme Sat 15-Mar-14 15:16:31

I have fond memories of my dungarees. I don't think I'll be bothering this time round but I'd be quite pleased (although surprised) to see them back. Yes, they are hideously unflattering but that's kind of the point!

Pixiepie Sat 15-Mar-14 11:43:02

That stripe jumpsuit from toast is seriously awful!!!!! Now i do think they are hideous hideous hideous!!!! One for the sales. I mean who will wear them?

I thought the dungarees from toast might look ok on a real person with some shape!!! Not the beige ones but the denim ones. I dont like the models in the toast website. They look awful with anything on them from their website. Is it just me?

50ShadesOfMaybe Sat 15-Mar-14 06:10:18

You look great, Amber!

Saw someone wearing a skinny black pair yesterday: am tempted.

Twinklestein Fri 14-Mar-14 23:59:22

If your aim is Play School presenter meets Bananarama, then go ahead...

comicsansisevil Fri 14-Mar-14 23:40:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Pixiepie Fri 14-Mar-14 23:22:16

You look great in them!

frankietwospots Fri 14-Mar-14 22:03:32

Love 'em Amber!

Combination of camera angle and my actual body shape, alas.

dexter73 Fri 14-Mar-14 21:19:54

I don't know if it is the camera angle but they make your body look very long and your legs quite short.

Lolz at decorating. Toddler wrangling and Tesco so not a massive step up. I wouldn't wear them out on the pull. Though DH might have something to say about that.

flipchart Fri 14-Mar-14 20:06:12

Amber you look great if you are decorating!

HaymitchAbarnathy Fri 14-Mar-14 19:35:13

I've got some skinny black ones from new look, love them.

m.newlook.com/application/product/view?cat=296974501

AwkwardSquad Fri 14-Mar-14 19:30:01

I think you look great. The yellow sneakers are perfect. I'm an overall fan (ba-boom tish!).

Don't think I look TOO bad, do I?

I'm wearing my ASOS ones today, I love em!

MerylStrop Fri 14-Mar-14 18:50:07

Used to wear denim dungarees (when I was young and lissom and hot) Actually, yes that would have been 1992.

Those toast ones are AWFUL, they look like cheap supermarket baby clothes freakily scaled up. I sort of get the ones on the blog channelling the Barbara off the good life vibe. But even so, probably only for the young, slim and pretty.

AwkwardSquad Fri 14-Mar-14 18:43:06

And slightly traumatised...

flipchart Fri 14-Mar-14 18:42:17

Akward Those dungarees are great if you are Andy Pandy.
Even the model looks ridiculous.

AwkwardSquad Fri 14-Mar-14 17:44:13

I used to rock dungarees when I was about 17 or so, loose fit wrecked denim ones with a tight vest underneath grin and a headscarf a la Rosie the Riveter.

What do you all think of this gem from Toast? I think they've outdone themselves.

And I usually quite like Toast.

flipchart Fri 14-Mar-14 16:38:55

I don't like hem because they are impractical, ugly and unflattering.

dexter73 Thu 13-Mar-14 21:50:51

I don't like them because they are so unflattering. They make your bum look huge and cover up any waist you may have. They never seem to fit properly. Also they are a complete pain in the arse when you need to go to the loo. I cannot imagine a single reason why I would wear them!

TulipOHare Thu 13-Mar-14 13:54:38

I like them too! Toast ones hideously overpriced though shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now