Can't decide on handbag please help me choose

(19 Posts)
BumWad Sat 08-Mar-14 07:00:48

I have a few on my list but keep flitting between what I want! I love cross body bags, so a long strap is essential. It is for work (not office based so doesn't have to be formal) and light travelling (need 1 change of clothes without shoes to fit in). I'm a massive fan of Fossil bags and my local outlet has some heavily discounted ones...

Fossil 1 really worried the cream leather is going to get filthy

Fossil 2 this is my original love, saw it in the Manchester store full price just before Christmas, it's now half price.

Modalu I can't really afford this but I bloody love it. My mum says she'll open an account for me to get the best discount but it's still quite high. Not sure if the blue is too garish?

Fossil 3 this is the bargain of the lot, I think it's quite cute but it's not leather just fabric

I must add that I change bags pretty frequently which is also why I'm reluctant in spending money on the modalu one. Thank you!

cloudskitchen Sat 08-Mar-14 07:38:04

I like the modalu one best grin FYI my friends have just bought me an osprey bag in a similar colour and shape to option one from tk maxx for £59 (it would have originally retailed for 265) so it might be worth a look there.

BumWad Sat 08-Mar-14 10:05:24

Thank you cloud for liking the most expensive one! wink

Bumping for more opinions please

HyvaPaiva Sat 08-Mar-14 10:11:49

Modalu!

LalaDipsey Sat 08-Mar-14 10:16:19

Modalu too, sorry! wink

ShanghaiDiva Sat 08-Mar-14 10:29:50

Think first one will quickly look grubby.
Like number two.
Cannot open the link to 3rd fossil bag
Modalu is the nicest.

buttercrumble Sat 08-Mar-14 13:21:28

Modalu smile

The first one.The others are rank (sorry!)

Roshbegosh Sat 08-Mar-14 13:30:22

I like Fossil 3 and the modalu one. I have the modalu one in another colour and size and I keep opening and closing sections to find things so you need to be more organised than me or use it all the time so you get to put things in the same place all the time. It also weighs a tonne. Looks good though.

Viviennemary Sat 08-Mar-14 13:35:53

The cream one is nice but not very practical for everyday use. I like the style of the others but not keen on blue for a handbag. Just go for the one you like best even if it's the most expensive. I always seem to like the most expensive thing for some reason. grin

MaxsMummy2012 Sat 08-Mar-14 13:48:10

Another vote for the modalu, it's lovely.

SteamboatSprings Sat 08-Mar-14 13:51:14

I've got that Modalu in black, it is lovely. But mine was a lot cheaper when I bought it last year from John Lewis.

working3jobs Sat 08-Mar-14 15:30:40

www.tkmaxx.com/view-all-accessories/nude-paneled-bag/invt/11767769?VBMST=modalu

local tkmaxx store has more choices than shown on website, bargainous

TacitusMouse Sat 08-Mar-14 19:53:11

i like the very first one! Would always be worried about dirt though

lizandlulu Sat 08-Mar-14 21:27:24

I like fossil 2, I like the first one but don't think it will sit very well cross body.

I have the larger size pippa and wouldn't expect to be able to put all that much in it, so doubt the mini one would be big enough.

BumWad Sat 08-Mar-14 22:29:23

Thank you all!

Went to get Fossil 2 but ended up with this one:

Fossil Maddox it's an older style but the leather felt so much nicer and loved the colour and classic style, it's a bit lighter than navy blue even though it says dark purple smile

lizandlulu Sun 09-Mar-14 20:24:47

The link says the listing is no longer in use. I googled it but different ones came up. Is it the one with large flap over?

BumWad Sun 09-Mar-14 20:36:32

This one! smile

SteamboatSprings Mon 10-Mar-14 08:38:37

Lovely smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now