Tinted moisturiser with fairly decent coverage that won't make me look orange - any ideas?

(29 Posts)
Lottapianos Thu 06-Mar-14 13:06:44

I'm planning to ditch foundation when if the weather gets warm. However, I have very uneven skin colour so feel that I need something to tone down the redness and cover the dark circles. Doesn't matter about SPF as I use a separate factor 50 cream in the spring/summer anyway. I am pale skinned and don't tan in the summer so nothing that will make me look Tango-ed smile My skin is dry and dehydrated so something not too harsh would be great.

I have tried Laura Mercier in the past and wasn't impressed at all but would love some other suggestions. Thanks smile

Chipstick10 Thu 06-Mar-14 19:48:17

I couldn't get on with laura mercier the colours are never right on me. Personally I like mac. It's lovely

cloudskitchen Thu 06-Mar-14 19:55:13

I use no 7 tinted moisturiser when I want a really light coverage and garnier bb cream when I want something a little heavier as I can build it up for more coverage. It's still pretty light though. I prefer it to foundation as I get older.

SomewhereBeyondTheSea Thu 06-Mar-14 19:59:09

I've got pale skin, just bought Hourglass 'Illusion' tinted moisturiser, really like it - good even coverage and doesn't feel like there's anything on at all. And it has an SPF btw.

bialystockandbloom Thu 06-Mar-14 20:14:52

Estee Lauder Daywear is great. Light coverage but enough to even out tone, and looks natural. I've been using it for years, and in spring/summer don't need anything else on top.

Clinique have bought out new range of primers - I haven't used them but they look nice and have a range of CC ones for uneven tone, redness control etc. Maybe get testers?

coffeeinbed Thu 06-Mar-14 20:17:03

Chantecaiile.

Great coverage, SPF, comes in yellow and pink undertones.
Expensive, but lasts a long long time.

Viviennemary Thu 06-Mar-14 20:17:19

I bought a bobbi brown one recently. It's OK but not as good as I hoped it would be.

comicsansisevil Thu 06-Mar-14 20:17:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MaxsMummy2012 Thu 06-Mar-14 20:17:46

I'm another no. 7 fan tinted moisturiser fan (I wear fair/medium) and also garnier bb cream for a thicker coverage. Nivea tinted cream is also very good but it's a bit too orange for me (I'm very pasty!).

coffeeinbed Thu 06-Mar-14 20:18:25

Or YSL BB cream in clear.

Roseandmabelshouse Thu 06-Mar-14 20:18:55

Liz Earle!

AnnabelleDarling Thu 06-Mar-14 20:39:18

I bought the M&S Autograph tinted moisturiser in an emergency when I went away for a weekend and left my make up bag at home. It is lovely and just as good as the Laura Mercier that I had left behind. I have repurchased it instead of the LM.

I also have the Clinique primer in pink and really rate it. I will definitely buy it again. I have pink undertones in my v pale skin which can verge on grey in winter.

ZacharyQuack Thu 06-Mar-14 20:55:23

Nars TM is lovely.

I'm quite impressed by LRP's CC cream but it comes in ONE colour! Ludicrous. That said, I am super pale and it is a good colour on me, and a friend who's less see through than I am also uses it, so I'd guess it's good for some/most white skins. I do wish companies would acknowledge that not everyone is white with this kind of product though.

mcgilly Fri 07-Mar-14 02:43:10

I'm using Liz Earle, feels quite thick but looks great. Also M&S limited tints moisturiser very good, quite light.

singaporeswing Fri 07-Mar-14 02:59:09

If you're looking for something with light, buildable coverage (not necessarily tinted moisturise) MAC Face and Body is perfect.

I'm pale, very dry skin and it's very sheer formula. Works well with a moisturising primer and is quite glowy.

You can build it up without it looking too made-up.

kiwiscantfly Fri 07-Mar-14 03:34:33

Liz Earle for me too, have completely ditched foundation these days.

Fouette Fri 07-Mar-14 04:01:17

I loved the Liz Earle one when I was in the UK but I found it left me a tad shiny (my skin is combination - oily).

NARS is very good and has a great colour range.

I'm keen to try Chantercaille but haven't done so yet.

WholeNutt Fri 07-Mar-14 05:18:39

I got colour matched and now use no7 super light, it gives a lovely coverage but no feeling of foundation. If you have a foundation you like mix a little with your own moisturiser.

jalopy Fri 07-Mar-14 06:44:57

Love the Liz Earle TM in Bare. Prefer it to Laura Mercier TM.

Lottapianos Fri 07-Mar-14 08:04:13

Thanks everyone. Colour matching at Boots is a really good idea. I would have thought that Mac Face and Body would be too thick but interesting to hear that its quite sheer and dewy, sounds good. Lots to think about!

Lottapianos Fri 07-Mar-14 08:04:37

Thanks everyone. Colour matching at Boots is a really good idea. I would have thought that Mac Face and Body would be too thick but interesting to hear that its quite sheer and dewy, sounds good. Lots to think about!

Lottapianos Fri 07-Mar-14 08:05:36

Lottapianos Fri 07-Mar-14 08:06:00

Sorry, phone went crazy!

luvfizz Fri 07-Mar-14 09:43:56

The new Eve Lom ones are lovely. Great coverage with benefits to the skin included. I tried it at Spake NK yesterday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now