Kiera Knightley's minuscule waist

(120 Posts)
alexheartbeauty Wed 05-Mar-14 19:11:12

Does anyone think that KK looks good in this outfit?http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/features/10678020/Keira-Knightleys-waist-sensation-lets-not-be-waspish.html
I realise a slight optical illusion is at play with the silhouette but it just makes me feel squirmy and think of her organs and bones. I also don't like the idea that impressionable girls might think that having a nothing waist is desirable.

FluffyDucky Wed 05-Mar-14 19:22:34

That just looks, horrible!

I saw it yesterday and I think it's a horrible fashion.

Really awful dress.

emsyj Wed 05-Mar-14 19:28:51

She looks like one of the Skittles off Noddy. Weird. I can't stand KK - that bloody constant fake dreadful pout she puts on. Urgh.

I saw it, I'm afraid I don't like it, it looks wrong.

Yy emsyj grin couldn't think what it reminded me of, but that's it.

comicsansisevil Wed 05-Mar-14 19:37:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ThonHoor Wed 05-Mar-14 19:47:15

That is hideous.

She needs a pie. And some acting lessons.

ToffeePenny Wed 05-Mar-14 19:48:21

Not for me but I like the gold shoes

Clavicle Wed 05-Mar-14 19:54:27

Her waist isn't necessary uber thin, it's just that the outfit is like two cardboard boxes.

alexheartbeauty Wed 05-Mar-14 20:03:09

Of course the mindless fashion press think it's 'witty and playful'.You can imagine her advisers etc. fawning over her before the photo op telling her how fantastic she looks. It's just wrong on so many levels.

Clavicle Wed 05-Mar-14 20:03:53

I totally agree!

WildThong Wed 05-Mar-14 20:05:25

Yuk.

santamarianovella Wed 05-Mar-14 20:08:08

Her face looks weird,like a very bad Botox,

dannydyerismydad Wed 05-Mar-14 20:09:40

She has the face of a preying mantis, she may as well go the whole hog and get the body of one.

Mintyy Wed 05-Mar-14 20:12:45

I think it is a truly hideous outfit and I just can't think of anything else to say. She always comes across (to me) as not terribly smart and so I'm not surprised she has misjudged so badly in this way.

OnlyLovers Wed 05-Mar-14 20:17:14

Slightly off topic, but does she look as if she's had facial plastic surgery to anyone else?

And the dress thing looks bizarre.

AcaciaBeez Wed 05-Mar-14 20:22:41

It looks really horrible to me

msrisotto Wed 05-Mar-14 20:26:15

It just looks like it doesn't fit her! At all! Very strange outfit.

TheWomanWithTheMysteriousLump Wed 05-Mar-14 20:28:22

Lay off Keira, she's lovely. A wise MNer once said "KK is not the most beautiful film star in the world. And she is not the best actress in the world. But she does get all the best roles. Which suggests that people really really want to work with her. It says good things about her personality."

Of course it looks bizarre - it's an intentionally extreme high fashion trompe l'oeil look. Fashion doesn't have to be conventionally pretty and flattering all the time - one of the fun things about being a staggeringly beautiful millionaire film actor is that you get to wear the mad arty stuff sometimes instead of what Trinny and Susannah would recommend - it's what I like about Emma Watson and Tilda Swinton.

I'd totally wear that outfit to a party where I'd be amongst friends who appreciated an effort, though not perhaps in Keira's size.

AcaciaBeez Wed 05-Mar-14 20:31:00

I'm not personally having a go at KK I just don't like that dress!

TheWomanWithTheMysteriousLump Wed 05-Mar-14 20:32:53

Wasn't having a go at you specifically Acacia

alexheartbeauty Wed 05-Mar-14 20:34:52

I agree that fashion doesn't have to be conventional and I like quirky. But I don't think this outfit falls into that category and I do think it's supposed to be seen as flattering.
I also think it's promoting an unrealistic and unhealthy aesthetic.

msrisotto Wed 05-Mar-14 20:40:24

To be fair, I can't think of any ways KK could dress that would not seem to be promoting unrealistic/unhealthy aesthetics. She is what size she is whatever she wears and no one expects her to cover herself up so that's what you get I guess.

AcaciaBeez Wed 05-Mar-14 20:51:36

Oh no I wasn't taking offence I just meant that I personally wasn't having a go at her. I personally agree and think people shouldn't judge people on what they don't know - you can judge their clothes as you are wearing that in public and putting it out there but to be mean about someone's face or something they can't change isn't nice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now