Help, I need advice re serums????

(15 Posts)
PisforPeter Thu 27-Feb-14 16:45:28

Now that I'm getting to mid thirties I thought maybe it was time to re-jig my beauty routine.
I wonder whether I should apply a serum in the morning pre - moisturiser ??
I've read good reviews re Lancôme Genefique but have also read that L' oreal Youth Code (much cheaper) is practically the same product??
Any advice on this or do you swear by something different altogether??

cloudskitchen Thu 27-Feb-14 17:51:56

I don't swear by anything in parte because I don't really believe in anti aging products however I use bodyshop vitamin e serum and it makes my skin lovely and soft.

cloudskitchen Thu 27-Feb-14 17:52:27

*particular hmm

tartiflette Thu 27-Feb-14 17:58:44

Watching with interest, I've just started with Boots No7 p&p intense after years as a serum-denier. Desperate times and all that (also mid-30s). Less than a week in so far too early to assess results.

HighBrows Thu 27-Feb-14 18:03:23

I swear by the Boots No. 7 protect and perfect serum. I love it.

The Genefique one is amazing and I use it once per week at my local department store blush

Floisme Thu 27-Feb-14 18:22:26

I think they're a complete waste of money and that all they do is con you into buying two products instead of one. The same goes for primers, eye creams, neck creams and exfoliators. I do moisturise and use sunscreen but the only anti-ageing tricks I swear by are not smoking or sunbathing.

Sorry if that's not the advice you were hoping for - it's just my opinion smile.

Onesieone Thu 27-Feb-14 18:57:44

I'm 38, I swear by Lancome Genifique by day and my absolute amazeballs product is Lancome visionaire!!! It's so good I can't champion it enough. I tried l'oreal youth code and it broke my skin out in terrible spots. The Lancome products are expensive but seriously worth the money. I have very dry skin and using the visionaire at night has made my pores all but disappear. The genifique has left my skin feeling subtle and smooth. I recommend both.

PisforPeter Thu 27-Feb-14 21:42:13

sewbee50 Fri 28-Feb-14 00:21:45

Visionnaire broke me out in spots Just shows how individual skin is.

MyChildDoesntNeedSleep Fri 28-Feb-14 11:51:39

I love Clarins Double Serum. I did a thread on it a while back if you search.

sewbee50 Fri 28-Feb-14 13:56:57

Clarins was ok on me but I didn't buy a second bottle. The main ingredient is mineral oil and although that isn't bad per se it is cheap and at £55 a bottle I wanted more bang for my buck!

FuckyNell Fri 28-Feb-14 14:24:20

What about idealist Estée Lauder?

CoffeeTea103 Fri 28-Feb-14 15:49:13

I'm a big fan of the clarins double serum! It's brilliant. Gives your skin a healthy feeling.

PisforPeter Fri 28-Feb-14 15:51:15

Has anybody tried Oskia Get up & Glow??

PisforPeter Fri 28-Feb-14 20:48:38

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now