Miracle stuff? Micellar water?

(55 Posts)
golfergirl28 Thu 27-Feb-14 16:43:33

Ok, anybody familiar with this stuff? It seems to be widely used in France. It's a water with no chemicals that you use on a cotton pad to clean your face and even remove your eye make up. Supposedly even suits sensitive skin. I don't think its meant to be an alternative to proper cleansing but ideal for travelling or when you're tired/busy.
Bioderma, Avene, Garnier all make it. I believe Superdrug do one too.
I'd love to know if anybody has used it and how you rate it.

GatoradeMeBitch Sat 08-Mar-14 16:37:10

I just ordered using the MUMSNET15 code. I've tried others, the L'Oreal Perfection, Etat Pur, etc, but Bioderma is brilliant.

RonaldMcDonald Sat 08-Mar-14 12:36:08

I think that the Bioderma H2O is good but still prefer the Olay sensitive dry wash cloths. Gets all off make up mascara etc and some basic v v gentle exfoliation going on as well.
They are my HOLY GRAIL product for cleansing but I have skin that was once v spotty and I have to be v careful about keeping things v simple and fragrance free etc.

golfergirl28 Sat 08-Mar-14 12:04:45

I ordered Bioderma from www.escentual.com. Quite cheap and fast delivery.
I think I'm liking it......early days.

Thanks

scottishmummy Fri 07-Mar-14 21:41:33

I bought from esscentual.com

TeamWill Fri 07-Mar-14 21:36:10

No- I ordered from Amazon

Can you get the Bioderma one in Boots? Might try that next.

scottishmummy Fri 07-Mar-14 21:16:28

Tried loreal was ineffective, moved to bioderma,and it's great

TeamWill Fri 07-Mar-14 20:32:08

Love the Bioderma - huge bottles ,last for ages .
Removes make up with no stinging and leaves my skin soft and clean with no tightness .

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 07-Mar-14 20:15:19

Still not ask

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 07-Mar-14 20:14:38

Ask impressed with the Loreal one. It'll be particularly good for taking off day make up before reapplying make up for going out,as it's not greasy.

Must be more than one LRP one I guess, the one I've got is definitely not gel, it is the same consistency as water (and about as effective). It's called Micellar Physiological Solution.

plasticbanana Fri 07-Mar-14 10:50:28

I've got the La Roche Posay one. I find it a bit rubbish. It takes ages and many cotton wool pads to clean my face and there's still eye make up left after all that. I find it much quicker to use the OCM.

cocobongo Fri 07-Mar-14 10:26:09

I love the LRP one. Virtually every make up remover makes my eyes red and stingy. The LRP one I use is more like a gel, so I put it on with my fingers and then use a flannel or muslin soaked in warm water to get it off. It's the best I've ever used in getting eye make up off.

DisappointedHorse Thu 06-Mar-14 23:24:45

I've tried a few brands and I love them. The L'Oreal one is absolutely fine.

When I first started using them I did get more spots than usual but what I think happened was they drew out all my comedones. My skin is looking great at the moment.

I wouldn't use anything else now, they clean really deeply but gently.

UntamedShrew Thu 06-Mar-14 23:18:29

I've never been able to find an eye make up remover that doesn't give me excema, but the bioderma one is great and I've had no reaction to it at all.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 06-Mar-14 23:18:03

How do you pronounce it?confused

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 06-Mar-14 23:11:16

I'll try the Bioderma one next. I'm impressed so far,I wear loads of mascara and it comes off with one sweep of a cotton wool pad! I rinsed it off as I'm worried about my sensitive skin but so far so good.

specialsubject Thu 06-Mar-14 15:18:55

water with no chemicals? What, they've taken out the dihydrogen monoxide? That's clever.

angry

HRHsherlockssextoy Thu 06-Mar-14 14:55:32

L'oreal one is ok. Not as good as the bioderma one though.

You can buy the bioderma one as wipes as well.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 06-Mar-14 14:50:18

I've just bought the Loreal one, I'll report back once I've used it.

FrugalFashionista; I find a combination of hairspray and vodka great for removing my concern about the stains.

Apatite1 Fri 28-Feb-14 15:22:56

I'll stick to the guerlain then thanks whokmows!

LoonvanBoon Fri 28-Feb-14 14:44:53

Some of them do contain fragrance - the Garnier one does - so it's worth checking the ingredients list if you have sensitive skin.

I didn't find the LRP one very good for eye make up and it stung my eyelids.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now