BRA INTERVENTION FOLK!

(31 Posts)

I couldn't find the other thread, sorry.

I had to come here are tell you all right away.

I got done by the lovely ladies on Mumsnet to sort my awful bras out.

I went from a 38F to a 30JJ and wow, it may sound cheesy and an over reaction but I got my new bra today, put it straight on, scooped and fastened.

It's like I've had surgery! My boobs are pert, defined, and I can breath, like really breath, it's Not something I've done comfortably in a long time.

I can also bend over without falling out of it and I have no back fat.

My clothes are suddenly too big and my waist (which I knew was smaller than the rest of me) is visible.

thanksthanksthanksthanksthanks To those that helped me.

grin

Pickles79 Thu 27-Feb-14 13:19:35

I've just done this too. From 34B to 30DD!

KoalaFace England Thu 27-Feb-14 13:24:05

Wow that's amazing!

Can someone tell me how this intervention works? I got measured in Bravissimo and the bras I bought cut under my arms to ribbons.

The breathing thing sounds all too familiar as well! I'd love sone properly fitting bras. It's all made worse by the fact I have a one week old DD who I'm BFing and my boobs are now too big to put a bra anywhere near...

The bras I own are 38H.

SorrelForbes Thu 27-Feb-14 13:31:25

Fantastic news OP and Pickles79

KoalaFace How long ago was the Bravissimo fitting? Do you think your measurements correspond with a 38H (even roughly)? Which bras did you buy?

frenchfancy Thu 27-Feb-14 13:38:47

That's great Titsalina

frenchfancy Thu 27-Feb-14 13:41:52
treaclesoda Thu 27-Feb-14 14:32:09

Koala by any chance are the bras that cut you to ribbons all the same brand? For example, I find Panache to be a great fit, but I couldn't wear one because the wires come up too far and stab me under the arms, its agony. I believe it's something to do with how far up/down your body your breasts actually start, if that makes sense. I've seen other posters here say the same about that brand, so it's quite a common complaint. But I've got plenty of other bras that don't stab me, so it's probably a case of finding the right brand, as well as the right suze and style.

godlessdomestic Thu 27-Feb-14 14:55:37

I love that there is a M&S advert on the right hand side of the screen right now grin.

Fabulous news OP x

AgathaF Thu 27-Feb-14 16:05:25

Yet another to join our happy bunch smile.

KoalaFace England Thu 27-Feb-14 16:33:47

Sorrel it was last summer that I got measured. It seemed a good fit in the shop but after a while in the bras they absolutely killed me!

Treacle they are both Fantasie bras I think so maybe the problem is the wires?

Thanks French, will prob give Bravissimo another chance and mention the Fantasie bras I bought last time were no good.

My chest is absolutely gigantic at the moment and I dread having to leave to house because I will have to squeeze myself into one of the feeding bras that are clearly about 4 sizes too small and also probably too big!

If it's Fantasie I am wondering if the cups are too wide. In terms of positioning, do your boobs go quite far under your arms or are they fairly upfront?

Fantasie have quite wide wires - is it the top edge of the cup where it comes round from the strap and under your arm that hurts?

SorrelForbes Thu 27-Feb-14 17:33:47

IMHO (and I think Stats' too) you tend to either be a Freya/Fantasie/Elomi fan or a Panache/Cleo/EM fan!

Yup, with the Freya brigade generally being more likely to get on with Curvy Kate.

Bravissimo own brand are totally different, they don't seem to have a standard design and have different shaped bras to suit different boob types.

JellicleCat Thu 27-Feb-14 18:29:01

I was Bravissimo'd today and went from 36D to 32GG. Another happy bunny. I'm looking forward to wearing my new bras.

andadietcoke Thu 27-Feb-14 20:39:23

I went on Tuesday. 36D to 34E. I have two boobs, who'd have thought?! Wore a Panache one yesterday and it was loads more comfortable than today's Fantasie. Can't believe I didn't do this sooner!

HazleNutt Thu 27-Feb-14 21:16:28

38 to 30 shock
Did M&S have anything to do with your previous fittings?

HazleNutt Thu 27-Feb-14 21:40:32

I saw that earlier - couldn't really criticise as I come in and immediately put pjs on! But I tend to lie/slob on the sofa and slobbing in an underwire doesn't work for me!

Yes all my previous measurings had been done at M&S one of which left me in tears, I had been told I'd need a 38 to which I very meekly said I thought maybe it was too large and got sneered at and told that it's about time I accepted the fact in was a bigger girl and stopped trying to force myself into sizes too small. angry

I cried for a long time after that, it really shook my confidence.

HazleNutt Fri 28-Feb-14 08:35:24

In what world is 30 underbust a "bigger girl"? And even if you were, that's just unbelievably rude angry

That bra fitter needs shot. Mind they tried to stick sorrel in a 38 too and she's a 30

That bra fitter needs shot. Mind they tried to stick sorrel in a 38 too and she's a 30

Bloody phone

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now