How do I smell?

(36 Posts)
Linus33 Thu 27-Feb-14 07:45:53

Prompted by another thread that I didn't want to hijack, there's been a discussion about what deodorant do you use. Some posters suggest that you don't need to use a deodorant if you don't smell. How can I tell if I smell or not? I was always under the impression that you can't smell your own BO!

I've noticed that I've become a bit sweatier recently that my anti-perspirant doesn't cope with but how can I tell if I'm starting to pong? I shower daily BTW.

p.s. And, no jokes about "with your nose stupid" in response to the thread title gringrin

Bonsoir Fri 28-Feb-14 20:38:48

My DP runs a large chain of cosmetics/health & beauty products, so we are swimming in stuff! Is DSS2 interested? Is he hell grin

peasandlove Fri 28-Feb-14 20:39:13

I feel sorry for those people who are super smellers, they must pick up on that sort of thing all the time.

letsgotostonehenge Fri 28-Feb-14 20:41:51

with your nose !!! wink

letsgotostonehenge Fri 28-Feb-14 20:42:11

(there has to be one!)

peasandlove Fri 28-Feb-14 21:06:07

<smirk>

TheArticFunky Fri 28-Feb-14 23:11:59

I'm a super smeller it started when I was pregnant and although I don't have such a strong sense now its still there . I can tell if someone has had a shower, had a poo, had sex etc. I keep people at arms length these days. hmm

JazzyCardi Fri 28-Feb-14 23:20:52

You can tell if someone has had a poo? Surely only if they haven't wiped their arse properly?

You can tell if someone has had sex? What does it smell like?

TheArticFunky Fri 28-Feb-14 23:43:47

A mixture of bodily fluids.

peasandlove Sat 01-Mar-14 00:18:14

gross. I couldnt stand it when I was pregnant and things like the rubbish bin really smelled.
I would never be able to use public transport again if I was a super smeller

Coumarin Sat 01-Mar-14 01:07:22

Yes TSS old potatoes is exactly it. Not good when you sit behind an old potato person on the bus with a windo blowing in your direction.
It is sad they don't have anyone who can gently tell them.

Coumarin Sat 01-Mar-14 01:10:37

My sense of smell was 'normal' until I had been pumped full of hormones during IVF. Suddenly I had super human senses. Everyone stank. The whole world smelt.

It isn't as strong now but my sense of smell has never returned to normal, it's still much stronger than it used to be. I'd make a brilliant sniffer dog.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now