You all know about Revlon colour stay, right?

(83 Posts)
DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 25-Feb-14 12:29:22

I have huge problems finding a foundation that doesn't pool into my pores and I haven't even got big pores! I nearly found one the other week, Revlon whipped creme, but doesn't last long.

I'm sure I've tried colour stay before but not the dry skin formula.

This stuff is great, just blends into the skin and cancels out redness etc.I don't even need a concealer.

Goes on well well fingers or using a real techniques dome brush and buffed in.

Put it on this morning and it's still going strong. Not tested it when I've got hot and sweaty yet but so far it's looking good.

For reference the shade Buff is good for NW 20 skinsmile

Milmingebag Sat 26-Apr-14 19:54:27

I'm NW20 according to Mac. I have a very oily t-zone with enlarged pores and this stuff is the best. Sand Beige is a perfect match on me.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 26-Apr-14 18:48:50

I know, the colours are very flattering.

whitewitchofnarnia Sat 26-Apr-14 16:18:03

Even though it is dark , its not ORANGE unlike everyother foudation i've tried which is great!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 26-Apr-14 14:19:27

Oh nice one!grin

I'm over the moon with it tbh,I was sick to death of bare minerals and had given up on liquid foundation.

whitewitchofnarnia Sat 26-Apr-14 14:15:03

Will try a damp beauty blender tomorrow, dd has commented on my skin saying it looks different in a good way!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 26-Apr-14 14:11:39

White-what a shame, was going to suggest mixing it with something else but glad the moisturiser worked. Maybe try a damp blender?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 26-Apr-14 14:10:09

Million times better than Mac imo. I really think their foundations are over hyped.

MrsMeow Sat 26-Apr-14 13:49:22

Ooh fab, I'm NW20 and always willing to try new masks grin

Is it as good coverage wise as MAC? I use Studio Fix usually.

whitewitchofnarnia Sat 26-Apr-14 13:17:56

I went in boots meaning to just test it but ended up buying it. Ivory is a bit to dark (shows how pale I am) but mixed with a bit of moisturiser and it's still fab coverage.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 26-Apr-14 12:48:46

I looked in boots today,ivory is the palest and no hint of orange.

whitewitchofnarnia Fri 25-Apr-14 17:08:10

Thankyou! Will try it in boots tommorow , then order it

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 25-Apr-14 14:24:45

According to Boots' website there is Ivory which might be lighter.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 25-Apr-14 14:23:20

Out of the ones I have tried, yes. I don't know if there are lighter ones. The colours are great, not orangey at all which makes a change for high street foundations ime.

whitewitchofnarnia Fri 25-Apr-14 14:19:25

So is buff the lightest <confused>

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 25-Apr-14 12:43:12

I am NW20 and if I want a pale look I'm ok with Buff, a more natural look is Sand Beige but have discovered that Natural Beige is lighter than Sand Beige but darker than Buff. There's a very subtle difference between all three as I would happily wear all 3 colours.

So it goes Buff, Natural beige, Sand Beige - I think you'll need either sand beige or the next one on from that.

I have no idea why they display the natural beige as darker than the sand beige confused

whitewitchofnarnia Fri 25-Apr-14 10:14:17

Is it any good for pale skin?

DowntonTrout Fri 25-Apr-14 09:41:07

In summer I use Mac NW25. Any ideas what colour would suit in Colorstay?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 25-Apr-14 09:32:59

Have you tried on line?

Deathraystare Fri 25-Apr-14 09:29:38

I love colorstay. I have the dry and combi versions. Unfortunately they are back in London and I am not. Cannot get Revlon in my new local Boots or Superdrug. Grrr.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 25-Apr-14 09:14:40

update

So, I have been using it since I posted this and yesterday was looking at colours and picked up the oily/combination bottle - weirdly it's much better for my dry skin confused it's thicker so I apply with a damp beauty blender but it goes on a treat and looks less dry.

Another odd fact is that Natural Beige is lighter than Sand Beige. In fact I thin Natural Beige is my perfect colour ever.

Just thought I'd share grin

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 14-Mar-14 12:17:54

I think it's just what suits your skin, my skin is a bit flaky etc and I use the dry one but don't now f the other one would be better.

If you order from Allbeauty website it's only 7 quid so you could get both to try for only a couple of quid more than what you would pay on the high street.

Btw my skin has dramatically improved by used Miccelar water to remove make up - all flakiness has disappeared! I used to hot clot cleanse.

DoYonisHangLow Fri 14-Mar-14 11:09:07

Ooh fab timing I'm on my way to town now for a make up shopping session! Used to use DW but I can't get the colour right on me. I have an oily nose but a really dry/ dehydrated forehead and often get dry skin patches that look terrible with make up on, all flaky and peely <attractive>

Should I go for the dry or oily combo? confused

FrugalFashionista Fri 14-Mar-14 08:21:04

Just updating - the MAC pump no longer fits the new-ish (my latest from last year) CS bottles. The bottles were different in the past. I've heard that the new CS bottles come with pumps (ar least in the US), has anyone seen those?

Justbecause glad you found this - ime, CS Ivory is the best widely available liquid foundation for very pale cool-toned skin.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 13-Mar-14 22:38:24

If you use a wet brush to apply it it makes it less heavy.

VeryStressedMum Thu 13-Mar-14 22:36:56

I've used colourstay in buff for years I really like it, it's the best foundation I've found so jeep going back to it, but I think it's quite thick and doesn't look very natural. There used to be a colourstay light years ago which was fab but they stopped doing it. Now I mix colourstay with max factor lasting performance, it goes on smoother, not as cakey and it does not shift, and I mean all day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now