You all know about Revlon colour stay, right?

(83 Posts)
DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 25-Feb-14 12:29:22

I have huge problems finding a foundation that doesn't pool into my pores and I haven't even got big pores! I nearly found one the other week, Revlon whipped creme, but doesn't last long.

I'm sure I've tried colour stay before but not the dry skin formula.

This stuff is great, just blends into the skin and cancels out redness etc.I don't even need a concealer.

Goes on well well fingers or using a real techniques dome brush and buffed in.

Put it on this morning and it's still going strong. Not tested it when I've got hot and sweaty yet but so far it's looking good.

For reference the shade Buff is good for NW 20 skinsmile

VillaVillekulla Wed 26-Feb-14 15:25:41

Yes re shades. I have buff in both the liquid (oily/combination) version and the whipped one and I can't tell the difference between them. The whipped one is lovely.

FrugalFashionista Wed 26-Feb-14 15:26:33

You can buy a MAC pump and it should fit the liquid CS bottle!

I've only worn sample sizes of ELDW. The light version was more orange than the palest shade of CS. One of the pale ELDW shades was discontinued just when I was testing and interested in it so there were availability problems.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 26-Feb-14 15:45:22

Oooo good tip,I was thinking of de canting into a pump bottle.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 26-Feb-14 15:46:31

I don't get on with Estee Lauder foundations at all, I find the shades very odd.

GeorginaWorsley Wed 26-Feb-14 21:33:37

See I think I'm better with EL shades,I find Colourstay pinker .
Unlike most other posters!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 01-Mar-14 16:40:13

Ok, so I'm still wearing this stuff and it's great! I'm going to order sand beige, it's only 7 quid from all beauty.com and mix it with buff.

Doesn't shift and doesn't cake. That's all I've ever wanted in a foundation but always been disappointed!

GeorginaWorsley Sat 01-Mar-14 22:10:12

I've got sand beige and it's a bit pale.
Tried true beige in super drug today but not sure....
Luckily Dd1 can get me numerous samples if ELDW so am trying out...
I used it ages ago but am always on hunt for better....

squoosh Sat 01-Mar-14 22:54:26

I like Colorstay as it goes paler than any of the other high street foundations. Ivory if pretty pale but not quite pale enough.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 01-Mar-14 23:40:48

You could mix sand beige and true beige to darken it a bit?

RonaldMcDonald Sun 02-Mar-14 01:33:23

I wear Buff mostly and mix it with summit Beigey < I could be more specific but it's upstairs and I'm too sore> for returns from holiday
I love it as a foundation

GeorginaWorsley Sun 02-Mar-14 09:49:47

Yes I could mix..DD1 works for Benefit and their Beige Oxygen Wow is lovely on me but lasts about 10 mins,even with various primers underneath.
She's bringing numerous ELDW for me to try so I will decide then!

Walnut8 Sun 02-Mar-14 12:27:34

I can't believe you don't have pump bottles over there yet for the Revlon liquid CS! i wonder if that means you still have the old formula? The new formula is even better IMO.

I can get the whipped creme very easily here but it looks heavy and sort of greasy ...

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 02-Mar-14 12:35:46

We have relatives coming over from the states in a couple of weeks, I've asked them to bring me some whipped cremegrin

Yeah, we have the old bottles still, it's not too bad now I have the hang of it,I use my middle finger to cover the to and flip it over. That's better than it all over the back of my hand and wasting it. If I see a pump I will get it.

JasmineL Sun 02-Mar-14 21:45:58

I use Colorstay. It's a staple. I love it!

agirlcalledsandoz Tue 04-Mar-14 20:07:52

Do you wear powder over it ? I am 33 but foundation plus powder seems to sink into tiny lines and make me look
older ! confused

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 04-Mar-14 23:33:34

No I don't need powder as well.

Walnut8 Wed 05-Mar-14 06:20:26

agirl - you def don't need powder over the top.

agirlcalledsandoz Wed 05-Mar-14 07:07:23

Thanks, that might be where I'm going wrong. Going to buy some today.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 05-Mar-14 07:38:24

It's the only foundation that doesn't need powder to set it.

When applying it, work quickly as it sets, so I do one half of my face at a time and spend ages buffing it in.

I still love itsmile

Lyonesse Wed 05-Mar-14 08:12:01

I had such high hopes for this (wanted something pale that didn't look yellow and was also suitable for dry skin) but it just made me look a wreck. Just sat in my pores, looked chalky/claggy/shiny all at once after about half an hour, I tried it with various primers and also without, but nothing seemed to make a difference. Really disappointed, as I usually love Revlon.

Walnut8 Wed 05-Mar-14 09:11:22

which type did you use Lyonesse? Dry or oily/combo?
That sounds like what the dry one does on my skin (which is combo but can be dry and dehydrated)

Lyonesse Wed 05-Mar-14 09:21:08

I used the one for dry skin, is the oily one any better?

Walnut8 Wed 05-Mar-14 09:28:02

The oily/combo one is MUCH better IMO. The dry one just sat really strangely on my skin- i've tried it twice (several yrs apart) and tossed both bottles! Sort of looked oily/chalky like you describe! I use a Cetaphil moisturiser and no primer under the oily/combo one & it's not at all drying.

RonaldMcDonald Wed 05-Mar-14 09:57:09

i use oily combo

adore it

VillaVillekulla Wed 05-Mar-14 13:05:04

Another vote for the oily combo version

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now