Mulberry Antony Satchel

(66 Posts)
Dancergirl Sun 23-Feb-14 22:36:42

I know it's £££ but am considering it as an investment bag.

Anyone got one? How big is it? Worth the money?

This one:

www.johnlewis.com/mulberry-antony-satchel-across-body-bag/p55766?colour=Black#tabinfo-ratings

buttercrumble Sun 23-Feb-14 23:10:57

I've got the large oak and it's absolutely beautiful , I use it for smart and casual .It always gets admiring looked. Would defiantly recommend smile

buttercrumble Sun 23-Feb-14 23:13:57

Meant to say definitely recommend blush

MauriceMinor Mon 24-Feb-14 00:30:21

I have the smaller one in oak. It's pretty old now but still looks good, very easy to wear.

Dancergirl Mon 24-Feb-14 07:39:55

Think I prefer the smaller one.

DuchessFanny Mon 24-Feb-14 13:11:20

They are lovely, i would go for the larger one. In oak too.
A few friends have one and they've lasted them years !

Doyouthinktheysaurus Mon 24-Feb-14 14:12:16

I love mine, it's aged really well.

Mine was bought in the sale a few years back, it looks as good as new tbh.

I do think they are a but overpriced now though, the hike has been massive. Mine was half price and I think it cost £180, now full price for the size I've got is £500+!

I did seriously think about the navy one they did a few years back but the prices went up by nearly £100 while I was debating it.

Anyway, if you've got the money, it really is a lovely bag.

Gorgeous bags I have the small in oak - was £315 two weeks ago and a large ink with silvery/dark metalware was £395 before Christmas. Get thyself to the SheptonMallet outlet!!

NewChoos Mon 24-Feb-14 15:44:44

I love mine but wish I had got the larger size.

Dancergirl Mon 24-Feb-14 22:37:12

newchoos how much can you get in the smaller one? I don't really like huge bags.

Where's the best place to buy? John Lewis have sold out of the oak.

buttercrumble Mon 24-Feb-14 23:15:25

I bought mine in house of fraser, and took dd with me to use her student discount. £60 off was a big saving smile

Ring the outlets 315 instead of 495 no brainer grin

annaban Mon 24-Feb-14 23:27:41

Hi OP

The purse forum is great for info..

outlet info

It's an old post, but updated regularly. I hope you get your bag!! grin

AB

NewChoos Tue 25-Feb-14 07:37:43

You can fit a purse, mobile, lip balm and a min hand cream smile Sunglasses without case, just….

DuchessFanny Tue 25-Feb-14 10:35:56

I happen to know there was a small one in chocolate for £315 at the Somerset outlet -- but that was over a week ago and not sure how far from there you are.

stringbean Tue 25-Feb-14 10:47:13

I've got a large Antony, in chocolate, and I love it; it's such a classic, understated bag. Personally, I think the small one is a bit too small, but that's just my preference. I bought it at John Lewis when there was 20% off on the Black Friday w/end last November, which represented a good saving.

GypsyFloss Tue 25-Feb-14 10:52:13

I've got the large oak, bought at the same time as stringbean. Initially I bought the smaller one but returned it as it didn't hold enough and I felt that it looked proportionally wrong on me. I love the larger one and it holds every I need to to without being oversized on my frame.

MissMilbanke Tue 25-Feb-14 11:21:04

I have the large one in oak, bought 7 years ago (to put nappies in what was I thinking ???? )

Bought it at Stansted airport for way under £200. Its a great bag, still going strong but i think they are to expensive now.

Lorelilee Tue 25-Feb-14 13:07:21

Yup, I've got the small one in Grey, with silver lock, love it - cost �200 5 years ago. They are WAY too expensive these days.

They just launched a new bag yesterday 'The Kensal' which is GORGEOUS but even the smallest one is �950 - WAY out of my league.

www.mulberry.com/shop/whats-new?WT.mc_id=1229&utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=240214UKW

ClaraFox Tue 25-Feb-14 13:09:26

Yes I've got a large Antony in black and a small one in oak.

I like it , it's well made and always looks nice and smart. Bear in mind it isn't lined ( as per all of them really ) and only has a small zip compartment inside.

It's lovely quality though and mine looks as good as new three years on

Dancergirl Tue 25-Feb-14 18:43:16

Had a look at both sizes in John Lewis today. I now think the larger one is more practical, small one is really quite small!

carrielou - ink? As in navy? Sounds lovely. I thought it only came in oak, dark brown and black.

I'm nowhere near Shepton Mallett - do they do mail order? I could get to Bicester village though....

stringbean Tue 25-Feb-14 19:26:01

<Waves to GypsyFloss> - Hope you're enjoying using your bag as much as I am!!

annaban Tue 25-Feb-14 19:37:08

OP see my post above re: mail order

AB

GypsyFloss Tue 25-Feb-14 19:41:41

I am stringbean grin

Ink is navy yes and gorgeous grin. Outlets will post but not everything. We went to look for small Oak they didn't have any so bought Alexa instead they rang me few days later as they had posted to me the same day wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now