Barbour jackets - are they worth £250?

(26 Posts)
Saurus72 Tue 18-Feb-14 22:18:07

I'm thinking of getting a black, belted Barbour waxed cotton jacket - I can't post a picture as I don't know his to on my iPad confused Anyway, I think it is really lovely. But it is £250 which would be the most I've ever spent on a single garment. Does anyone have one and if so would you say it is worth it? The quilted polyester ones cost much less, but I hate polyester and I think they would be all sweaty.

TIA.

Saurus72 Wed 19-Feb-14 19:30:18

Felix - unfortunately I live hundreds of miles from South Shields otherwise that sounds right up my street cos I love a factory outlet and hate paying full price for anything. Bit wary about people saying they smell bad when wet though hmm. Will take a look at the Jack Murphy alternative, thanks very much for the suggestion Sorrel.

I have a £50 Liberty gift card, plus Liberty are doing the £30 discount when you spend £150. So if I bought the £250 jacket, it would 'only' cost £170 actual cash money. If I don't buy a Barbour jacket, I'm planning on buying an Ally Capellino navy tote (£150). Either way, I want something that is going to last a long time and be loved for years.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now