BB Creams.....

(17 Posts)
NormHonal Wed 19-Feb-14 06:57:47

I'm also very pale and love the Kiehl's one.

Floisme Wed 19-Feb-14 06:55:33

Absolutely no different to a good foundation, that's my experience anyway.

mcgilly Wed 19-Feb-14 03:27:52

I have a Missha Perfect Cover No 13 for winter (very pale). And a Japanese Moist Labo Matte BB in Perfect Beige - terrible name! But good stuff.

Rollingpastry a BB cream is really a type of hybrid foundation/tinted moisturiser that originated in Asia. They give good coverage but the ingredients really vary ... A good foundation or tinted moisturiser does the same job.

TulipOHare Mon 17-Feb-14 17:07:53

YY Missha 21 here too.

rollingpastryagain Mon 17-Feb-14 16:27:06

What is a BB cream? (I've been living overseas if that's any excuse so I haven't heard about them)

Notsoskinnyminny Mon 17-Feb-14 16:19:34

DDs very pale and swears by Missha shade 21. Just looked on ebay and its cheaper than what we pay when we're in Japan

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Missha-M-Perfect-Cover-BB-Cream-Foundation-NO-21-50ml-/140594709439?pt=US_Makeup_Face&hash=item20bc1903bf

Claxonia Mon 17-Feb-14 14:28:07

I love the Shiseido BB cream and wear it instead of foundation. Also use Erborian CC cream which I wear alone for a more natural look or under the BB cream for a more made up look

JRsandCoffee Mon 17-Feb-14 13:32:44

Thank you everyone! Off to take a more directed look around now smile

hedwig2001 Mon 17-Feb-14 13:01:40

Boots seventeen BB cream. Good and works well for pale skin.

Spotsondots Mon 17-Feb-14 12:15:49

I have used (and love) the Bobbi Brown BB cream for several years now. I love the fact that it also has SPF 35, which is loads higher than any foundation I've ever tried. (Not that i really need that at the mo!) It looks natural and stays put.

I got my make up done by the Bobbi Brown girl in John Lewis when I was looking at wedding make up. She used it and I loved it and have never looked back. Its a bit pricey at £29 but lasts AGES (think months - I can't remember the last time I bought a tube). You could always get them to put it on you on a dept store before you commit? Then you'll have a better idea if its for you or not.

HTH

mcgilly Mon 17-Feb-14 12:08:43

BB Creams don't do anything different to a good foundation or tinted moisturiser either. The tinted moisturiser from M & S Limited Edition is just as good. But try the Korean brands if you can get testers, they are good.

mcgilly Mon 17-Feb-14 12:06:43

I also found some BB creams prone to oxidisation - that is, looked great when applied, bright orange or "rust" a little while later. Test before you pay heaps of money.

mcgilly Mon 17-Feb-14 12:05:16

Some of the Korean or Asian brands are better at color matches. I have Missha (Korea) and a Japanese brand that work really well. I also have a Liz Earle moisturising tint which, although it doesn't say BB cream, gives a similar texture and lovely color and coverage, although it is a bit heavy to apply.

AmazingDisgrace Mon 17-Feb-14 12:04:02

Try some of the Korean brands. I'm very pale too. Missha, Skin79 and Tony Moly pure aura CC cream work really well. There are a few sellers on Ebay and they usually give you samples of other stuff .

DaftSkunk Mon 17-Feb-14 11:58:08

I bought the Boots Botanics bb cream on MN recommendations and I really like it. I don't think you can find it on the website but it's instore, it's called Radiant Youth. I went for the medium as the reviews were the pale was too pale iyswim.

apieceofcake Mon 17-Feb-14 11:45:36

Garner works best for me and reasonable price. I use a lot of simple products and tried theirs but seemed vey heavy colour. Also tried the hoc one but didn't seem to cover as well. I have not tried the more upmarket ones as v happy with garner

JRsandCoffee Mon 17-Feb-14 11:14:28

I wonder if anyone has any recommendations on BB creams? I'm sure I must be doing something wrong or buying the wrong ones as however much I like the theory of them they all just don't seem to work for me at all. Full on foundation looks more natural than even the palest ones I've tried! I love Estee Lauder's day wear (not sure if that even is a BB cream) but it is so expensive I was hoping to find something less ruinous.

So far I have tried either as testers or have bought in hope...

Olay - even pale one looked slightly tangoed and as though I was wearing comedy pancake makeup. Gave me spots.

Clarins - similar although margainally less pancakey but winningly, slightly more tango... Spots again.

A L'oreal one that sort of looked from the beginning like it sat on the surface and then went oily

A decleor one that just looked like it was full on foundation.

Any advice? Or are my hopes that a single cream might exist that I can schlepp on in the morning and just go (apart from lovely Daywear obviously) ridiculous at 40?

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now