Snail trails as a treatment? I'd rather look old

(22 Posts)

snails

Is this a well known thing? Do people really rub snail gloop on their wrinkles? Does it work?

I had no idea.

ListenToTheLady Mon 17-Feb-14 09:31:59

I agree with you. And I'm a Boots junkie who loves buying fancy creams and cosmetics - but no matter how effective it is I can't get my head round the idea of having a pot of snail slime sat in my bedroom. I've also heard of creams containing placenta and suchlike - noooo!

ListenToTheLady Mon 17-Feb-14 09:33:27

I had to roffle at the blurb on that page "The snails are able to roam freely" grin

Probably the same people who buy the ethically harvested snail slime stamp on a snail when they find it in their garden.

They are farmed humanely .... The slime is collected from glass. grin

ListenToTheLady Mon 17-Feb-14 09:38:50

What a great job. "Snail slime harvester"

You won't be the MN style and beauty guinea pig then listento ?

hollyisalovelyname Mon 17-Feb-14 09:39:24

I bought a tub in Holland and Barret and I am using it up now. Will keep you posted re how it deals with the wrinkles .
And I have lots of those smile

ListenToTheLady Mon 17-Feb-14 09:43:03

I can't do that as I don't have time and I'd never remember what I was supposed to be testing and what was mine (same reason I don't borrow library books...)

Holly, does it look silvery and slimy or just like a normal cream???

I have a massive crevice in my forehead - an actual snail could live in it and slime away.

You have to report back Holly -

hollyisalovelyname Mon 17-Feb-14 10:05:25

It's ike a blob of slightly grey jellyike substance.. It's just gel like. They'd need a whoe lot of snails for one jjar.

FrugalFashionista Mon 17-Feb-14 10:12:18

It's marketed as 'Baba de Caracol' where I live. If you happen know Portuguese, it means 'snail drool'. Nice.

Well I was joking about letting one crawl around on my face but what do know ...,

snail drool

squoosh Mon 17-Feb-14 11:28:16

I have it and I love it!

Does it help squoosh?

I'm being won round here

squoosh Mon 17-Feb-14 11:40:54

I use it as a serum in the morning, post cleanser and pre moisturiser. It smooths any minor bumps and makes my skin a bit plumper and a bit glowier. Honestly love it.

The way I look at it I've eaten snails before so smearing them on my face is no worse than that!

squoosh Mon 17-Feb-14 11:41:54

And it smells like lemon sherbet rather than snail genitalia. Snailatalia?

Ohhh.

The holland and Barret one linked? I look bloody terrible at the moment - I've got to do something. Snail sperm it is.

squoosh Mon 17-Feb-14 11:44:18

Yep, I use the H&B one you linked to.

hollyisalovelyname Mon 17-Feb-14 12:38:50

Mine isn't Dr. Organics one, it is De Tuinen brand. I have it so long in the cupboard I decided to use it. I think I got it in H& B years ago. Woud I try it again.? Yes I'll give it a 3 month trial.

I don't think I can mentally get over it to use it

And as a gardener it hasn't made my hands wrinkle free and I come into contact with snails a lot grin

FrugalFashionista Mon 17-Feb-14 13:10:37

I think it's the new unicorn tears... wink
The same company also markets a snake venom serum and stugeon caviar something. They do a snail drool lipcare stick just in case someone is interested in slimy kisses... And some slimy haircare here.

Where can you get unicorn tears? Do you think they'd work on my flaky wrinkles?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now